View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 11:29 AM   #2423
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD

Claiming Medic near EoD objectively speaking was a bad play. The problem is that it did happen. Ironically, the claim of "who's the Medic" could have gone into any direction and I think it was a good idea to out myself to reduce the possibilities of what could be used against us. It felt safe because I was about to use my last ability anyway and become the equivalent of a Town. My worse case scenario was me getting lynched during Day 2 phase and I did flip a coin for that. I can't predict what you all do in 5 minutes. I just assumed it wouldn't be "Haku hard claimed Medic? Everyone kill Haku".

I assumed that even if my shot was roleblocked, the roleblock itself was enough information in the first place to justify the shot.
I assumed I wouldn't die because my play made me look incredibly bad Day 2 and opened doors to start a counter-play. I could have died tho and this game would have gone in a fairly different way.

In terms of why for my actions:

If I died (I recognize that was still a fairly likely possibility), saving my shot is completely stupid and pointless.
I had to shoot to get information.
I got my information; it's that I've been roleblocked.
If I didn't shoot, I would have known nothing and would be just looking bad right now because I hard claimed and did nothing to follow through from my own actions.
Therefore it wasn't a choice and I had to shoot.

I've chosen DAP because I wanted to test my own Day 1 call + "I have a feeling" Psychic soft-claims + I want you to realize that you've been looking too Town this entire game. Everyone would have jumped off a bridge in your name for how useful you've been. You can call this paranoia on my side and you would be fairly right, but that's how I see it. I also find it funny that you're now considering going with "zebra cakes" as if you also realized how we've been all looking way too Town.

It's both detrimental for Town and Mafia to look too much Town.

#I feel liked I learned something here.