View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 09:15 PM   #887
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2019 albums halp

Day 584: Guns by Quelle Chris

This one's been getting a lot of hype. I haven't really delved into conscious hip-hop much recently, but it very much was my gateway into the genre back when I first started this challenge, as embarrassing as that might be to admit.

Speaking of that, check back here if you're one of the three people who reads this for a special retrospective coming some time in the next few weeks to celebrate 5 years of wasting my time filling this thread! 6 counting the first thread!

Anyways, I've bumped this like 10 times now and still have very little to say. I love the beats, and dude has some good bars, but his rather same-y delivery is... well, it's definitely intentional and it colors the album well, but it gets old. Really, this album is clearly about lyrics first, beats second, delivery third, and on the first two it absolutely delivers. I just haven't unpacked it enough yet. Will revisit before the end of the year (how many times have I said "will revisit"?)

Best Track: Straight Shot
Rating: 7/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.

Last edited by rayword45; 06-14-2019 at 09:15 PM..
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote