Old 04-13-2016, 10:08 PM   #46
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: New TWG Rules Proposal & Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
I would like to challenge this

the only reason I was able to win as serial killer once was to claim my role and side with humans (even though I was planning on backstabbing them in the penultimate phase) and force the game into a final four

in any game with multiple (more than two) factions, siding with another faction (including town) can be a strategic move and should not automatically constitute modkilling imo

at worst, the game setup's balance should be considered on a game-to-game basis --- one of the last games, the serial killer wasn't allowed to claim because it would screw up the game balance, but games like C9++ often are balanced in cases where SK claims happen

tl;dr I think it should be up to the host's discretion based on the game setup
I want to say typically claiming SK as SK (unless it's the only thing that will save you from getting lynched, or maybe a few other rare-ish scenarios where you're forced to play your hand) will decrease your chances of winning the game, significantly. killing the SK is part of town's win condition. and part of wolves' win condition. who have a factional nightkill.

that's a good point though, and I think it should be less about modkilling and more about potential after-game repercussions if malicious intent was obvious.

Last edited by dAnceguy117; 04-13-2016 at 10:09 PM..
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote