View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 10:31 AM   #1079
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2
Default Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

So Haku, I need you to answer this question, because it’s going to directly feed into whether or not I try to lynch you or not. You ask “How do you solve games if not by pushing narratives” and while you should be pushing narratives you believe to be true, you should also be evaluating your own narratives to see if they make sense. When you made the long post you linked me to, both of the posts I quoted below were in the thread and they directly correlate to each other, so why would you say the first post is useless without explanations when the second post already exists?

To be fair you quoted both posts, but out of order and the second post is explained as “I don’t think Manti actually thinks this”. So when I say there’s a difference between trying to solve a player which is a towny thing to do, and push a narrative to lynch without reevaluating which is a scummy thing to do. Your post leans closer to the second because it doesn’t look like you took the two posts together and went “oh there is reasoning for why Manti thinks those things” maybe that post wasn’t completely useless like i’m Saying it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
Things Manti thinks currently

MML bad
Ind bad
Sunfan good or sunfan+pearl bad or sunfan wolf!defending town! Pearl for cred
Sytho good

That is all the things I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
Both you and indy have indirectly/directly presented an avenue to remove a player from the game not due to content or fact or rationale. You have both said the equivalent of “let’s lynch antiperal because he’ll be a no show. This feels like an attempt to powerwolf through a weak town player.

What worries me more is that people think it might be a decent idea. If I read correctly we don’t get cardflips, so not knowing antipearl’s alignment when he dies gives us nothing and no one to blame on either side. It’s a waste of a day phase pursuing it and simple feels wolf driven.

I like sytho because she felt similarly about your cagey “I’ll lynch anyone under 5 posts post”

And I have all sorts of different feelings on sunfan right now, I like his current position on pearl, but that read could vacillate somewhat wildly as the game progresses depending on what pearl does or doesn’t do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.