View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #151
Soul.
Very simple indeed. *sip*
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Ben's Solord Style Tournament!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
Big Updates
(you might want to read this people)

-We are changing this to cumulative scoring instead of elimination. We want everyone, especially the people in D1/D2, to have a fun experience with solo, and having an elimination tourney would only cut that fun experience short. The way I plan on implementing this type of scoring is by taking the DP as a percentage every round and taking the average percent for each player's final score in the tourney. Doing this will make it so no one round will have more weight than the others.

-A lot of people were about the type of DP scoring we were using. On one hand, we had people talking about how MA is typically stressed in sm and that good MA should be awarded properly. But then on the other hand, I've had complaints from people with not-as-good MA; for example, some people in D1 mentioned they are upset at the fact that 1st and 2nd place isn't even a AAA when there are already AAA's in the division (and that 1st place isn't even an FC, lmfao.) So remedy this situation, I will be keeping track of both scoring types (MIGS and MAX in the DP calculator which can be found on the front page.)

-With all this said, I just woke up, so I'm hoping I can have the spreadsheet updated by the end of the round. It's going to take a while because (1) I need to remove the elimination bars and key, (2) I need to change the DP values to %'s, and (3) I need to calculate and throw in the DP values for the other scoring type.

tl;dr
-We are doing cumulative, not elimination.
-We are using the MIGS and MAX scoring for DP (one focuses on MA while the other doesn't.)
-I have a **** ton of updating to do.
Well... I guess I need to sup my scores then :l

Solo = 700-725c (SDFJKL) (CS note, Orbular) (Down)