View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 10:35 AM   #19
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: New Engine Suggestion

If you're going to remove left and right, at least keep mirror. If a file has one handed trills for example, it's still going to have one handed trills, just on the other hand since it's flipped. It's not an unfair mod because if you think about it, what will players that are right handed or left handed do? Sure, others may have AAA'd the file without mirror, but that's because they were able to do everything and they didn't need it. A file with right handed jacks will be hard for someone that excels at left handed jacks. It's a bit unfair with one hand bias if you ask me (and I have experimented with mirror on files like RATO, some parts become easier but some other sections become a LOT harder as well).

And I do agree mirror changes pitch relevancy and all that technical stuff - but do you think the players that are trying to AAA the song care about "expressivemanias"? If they want to play the file like the stepartist wanted, they'll play without mirror. If they want to get the score they should be getting, they can use mirror.

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 10-17-2010 at 10:38 AM..
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote