View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 03:51 AM   #1317
~Zeta~
Flag Master
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: The Unofficial FFR RPG [Beta]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
I think it's GTS + your level ranks + your performance on songs as you play them. I think you get bonuses for AAAing/FCing songs, but I'm not sure - it was something I think I noticed when playing earlier.

Don't play anything obscenely easy if your level is high -- I played Excite Bike and lost some EXP.
Well, what we have is quite flawed in multiple ways.

1. New releases will decrease your exp. It's a slight incentive to keep playing and play released files. It can have a dramatic effect on upper levels (something around 200m loss I think).

2. Gameplays were factored in but we forgot to check people with massive gameplays compared to GT. This is an error of about 400m exp. This is what happens if you play a song with low counts like Excite Bike (you lose more than you gain [don't know how it pans out like that since you get 50k from playing and gameplay bonus is very small and requires large factor changes to have any effect]).

3. When FFR hits 1400+ songs (or around there), exp gains will be outrageous (even from easy files). We aren't sure if it's ok or we're doomed (or if YOSHl will be making badges as a hobby).

4. The current exp is partially biased towards skill. It has a harsh beginning before it starts going. You can tell that it gets exponentially greater (but our ClEvEr methods of FoRmUlAtIng have a slight effect like post 1). Your reward increases with each token, AAA, and FC you obtain.

We've been messing around with reformulating it so it doesn't escalate so fast but we have a conundrum:
Black is current rate
Red is our 'rework'

1. Basically, upper levels (people with over about 900 AAA's/FC's particularly) are going to lose exp while people below will gain quite a bit. Depending on how we work it, the degree of both can be anywhere from 8b exp gained to 11b exp lost simply from implementing how we have it laid out.

2. It's less skill based. The reward does increase with the more songs but at a indefinitely better rate. It doesn't get insane at 1,500+ files. It's rewarding more along a linear rate (like a set reward for any/each AAA/FC/Token you get). This goes on par with the linear-esque level requirements.

3. Exp gains will be harder. You won't be getting that huge bonus for having a large amount of FC's/AAA's/Tokens.

We have a slight reason this is ok: it would incline people to participate in mobs, events, and such. You can get anywhere from 3m-100m exp from the mobs we post (ranges from a couple plays to 2+ hours of effort from 1-4 songs WITH exp gained just from playing the songs).

What we haven't looked at:

1. Rescale exp to make it fit the ridiculousness of our formula.
2. Ragequitting (spreadsheets klasdjfl;ksjwe;ekgjasdlkgja;wkrhjt)

Your thoughts, questions, ideas, and opinion would be so appreciated if you posted them.
We've worked the past couple days on trying to fix our short-lived formulas (there's an inside-joke behind this).
Mostly because we aren't entirely sure if you guys would want it.

EDIT:

Added PriestREA to the roster.
PriestREA Exp: 3,506,120,986 Level: 18.725
Get your badge here!
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...?type=getbadge

Last edited by ~Zeta~; 01-14-2013 at 03:53 AM..
~Zeta~ is offline   Reply With Quote