View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 10:58 AM   #9
Deadlyx39
FFR Player

Default Re: What should I do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
1. Finish high school. It will increase your chances to find work.
2.a) Inform yourself of what kind of work is available around where you live and take decisions based on that. (Plan A)
2.b) Check out what majors you can take in case you would continue studying in a field that you actually care more about. (Plan B)
3. Get a driving license when you can, but only get the car when you will really need it. @ work (unless it's super close?)

Why do you think you're not paying attention as much as you may have before?
Why are you not motivated as much anymore?
Is there something you can do to help yourself keep interest?
Of course, most of the things you're learning will not be very useful in the end, but the experience, the wisdom gained, the opportunity to be in an environment with the rest of society and doing assignments to challenge yourself are all very helpful things to help you develop yourself as a person. If you're still not sure of what you want, you may as well keep absorbing this "random general knowledge" for the sake of graduating and having an easier time in interviews for work etc. It benefits no matter what you do.
Also, you shouldn't compare yourself to your sister or even anyone. You should focus on finding what matters for yourself.
I never have paid attention in school. Other than my government class, I bullshit my way through most of it. I BS'd an entire English project and the teacher gave me a 100%, so I guess I'm doing something right. Nothing really keeps me interested in school (ever wonder why so many of my posts are during school hours?). I need to be interested in a topic to genuinely care about it. My problem doesn't lie on if I should drop from high school, but more about what I can do to change my life before I get out of high school. I've been doing the same thing every day since I stopped playing hockey, and it's gotten old as of late. I would try to get back into hockey, but getting new goalie equipment is expensive, and the chances of me making a team after being out of the game for 4 years is very improbable. The whole getting compared to my sister thing started when I was in 8th grade. I was forced to take the entry test to the school I initially went to, and when I passed it and got accepted, my mom forced me to go to the school. If my sister had never gone to the school, my mom wouldn't have this idea that I need to be like my sister. While she never says it, I know that's what she means.

EDIT: If any of you care, the website to that school is here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Blaster View Post
Why should I care about this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats in it for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz13114 View Post
Fun times and meme sluts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
ew meme sluts
ew fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
do you realize how asinine all of your posts are
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i would also like to take this opportunity to shout out deadlyx39

on the one hand i feel as though your absence from these forums is a shelled victory for all ffr forumites however after careful examination of my internal feeling apparatus i have come to the conclusion that i do in fact miss your posts

[...]

come back

i need to laugh at you

once more

Last edited by Deadlyx39; 11-30-2015 at 11:00 AM..
Deadlyx39 is offline   Reply With Quote