Jerry DB
FFR, lift, repeat
FFR Veteran

Default Re: The Fitness Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmay View Post
jerry. lets fight.
I'm not ready to die yet!

bruce lee is crazy as **** and he revolutionized mma for sure, but now a days how it has evolved I don't think he would win every match for sure. I mean no doubt he would be champion at some point in ufc, but there would be certain styles that would beat him these days. When it comes to size though and bruce lee beating anyone, that may have been more true back then. Now a days I strongly believe a ton of ufc fighters would beat him in higher weights. Anderson silva is the new bruce lee, and mma has evolved. People these days are SOOOO much better then just 20 years ago. Remember even though bruce lee was insane, he is just human

also fighting is more about technique of course. Ronnie may deadlift 900 pounds and all that, but that doesn't mean he knows how to use his momentum and transfer all the energy from his legs to his hips to his core to his shoulders. He has very limited range of motion therefore his punching power would be smaller then you would think. Remember it's technique, speed, and mass that truly gives you a powerful punch. Also 2 words, low single. I gurentee Dos santos and Velasquez punch twice as hard as ronnie

Last edited by Jerry DB; 09-13-2012 at 08:07 PM..
Jerry DB is offline   Reply With Quote