View Single Post
Old 05-3-2019, 02:16 AM   #293
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

You guys are probably going to hate me for talking -again- about the previous game, but this is bugging me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
wat?? how are you expecting to be in the same situation as last game...? I know you already expanded but I just don't get it at all how it's going to be the same situation this game

also I know a guy named Li Chen I bet he didn't draw that comic though
Quick context about previous game:

- Raeko was Julian(Town Roleblocker) and I was Ricky(Doctor role).
- DBP was the Innocent Child who had to be triggered a certain way which included getting protected by someone.
- On the first night, DBP asked me to protect him without knowing I was a protective role.
- I protected him.
- The next phase, DBP -because he was outed as the IC- made everyone mass claim to him 1 on 1 and took notes that he would later on give to players as he was expecting to get NK'd which he did. (can't protect 2 nights in a row)
- The next phase, me and Raeko received the same notes from DBP.

These are the notes:

1. DaBackpack ---- Trinity, Innocent Child.
2. thesunfan ---- Barbara, targets 3 ppl in the night, learns the name of ONE OF THEM. Fails if roleblocked or if he targets Jim (doesn't learn anything).
3. flashflashaccount ---- Cyrus, strongman, activates after Ray dies. So supposedly he's a strongman currently. (The term "strongman" is never used, it just says "guaranteed kill").
4. mellonxcollie ---- Julian, roleblocker. Upgrades when "Smokes, now" is triggered. Upgrade lets him see what kind of power he roleblocked.
5. MixMasterLar ---- Randy, VT.
6. Hakulyte ---- Ricky, doctor, can upgrade to super doctor when "Smokes, now" is triggered. Upgrade lets him save himself. Cannot target same person twice in a row.
7. Pozzai ---- Trevor. "One-shot jailkeeper, renamed to forced commuter for flavour reasons." (Maybe not a jailkeeper, but turns somebody else into a commuter?)
8. Funnygurl555 ---- Bottle kids, third party. Gets a roleblock every night. Wins if they successfully roleblock a nightkill, an investigation action, and a visiting action. She also learns if she successfully roleblocked a kill or whatever.
9. Wineandbread ---- J-Roc, sends random disc to player. Most likely a fruit vendor character. Almost certainly a miller.
10. Xelicopter ---- Corey, takes a bullet for Julian or Ricky one time. I think he said he was blue.
11. Duk3star ---- Steve Rodgers AKA JIM LAHEY, DEAD AF
12. Charu ---- Phil Collins, hider. Leaves a burp behind whenever he hides behind someone (via PM). Most likely dies if he targets a wolf.
13. gold stinger - Bubbles: eliminated during Night 1. Cop.
14. _Zenith_ - Ray: exiled from town on Day 0. Visitor.
15. ShadoWolfe ---- Sam Losco, 2-shot doctor (flavor "surgeon"). If he uses both shots, then his vote doesn't count for a phase.

N1 ACTIONS:

Haku saved me.
Sunfan used power on charu, shado and wabby, -> learned that "somebody is Phil Collins." Later learned that it's Charu.
Raeko roleblocked FG (near confirmed)
Charu burped behind sunfan (confirmed)
FG roleblocked FFA (unknown)
Wabby disc'd Pozzai (confirmed)

GAME THOUGHTS

Sunfan isn't a wolf most likely <- Charu hid behind sunfan and didn't die.
Charu isn't a wolf most likely <- Duke targeted sunfan, which would be really weird if wolf-Charu also targeted him? i.e. doublestack is stupid
Haku/Raeko are town. Both of them independently mentioned the "Smokes now" rule in precise terms. Both claimed blue. Haku is suspicious of me and Raeko lmao.
MML is town-lean. His reaction to Duke's ridiculous fakeclaim is pure as hell, calling it stupid and this was suddenly a "legendary" and "best ever" game because of it.
FG ---- I believe her claim. She told me that it was too hard to fake TPB theming and just came clean. I told her we could try to work together.
Xelnya is almost certainly town. His power makes zero sense for a wolf to have (dying in place of a town doctor or town roleblocker, lmao). Also independently reported to me that Haku had claimed doctor to him. Wolf Xel has little reason to alert me that he knows who the fucking doctor is. However I have no idea why he, too, is blue. Doesn't really make sense to me.

I think FFA is slightly wolfy. Can't really place it behaviorally. His role is super weird and, well, Cyrus is a villain.
I think ShadoWolfe is slightly wolfy. Very subtly tried to gaslight me on Duke, but eventually gave up. Asked me "if Jim Lahey is a wolf, do we just kill all villains?" -> I said "yes" -> he was fine with it. That is, until I told him that Sam Losco is also a villain, to which he started panicking a little bit. He researched the show in order to learn more about his character but didn't really realize that he was a bad guy. Also, town having THREE protective roles is totally absurd. One of Pozzai and Shadow is probably lying.
Wabby's "miller" constraint is really weird, but his confusion about what the fuck his power does makes sense if he's a fruit vendor. Sunfan thinks Wabby has high "lost wolf" equity. Something to consider for later. Possible wolf.

NIGHT INSTRUCTIONS

Pozzai targets me.
Shadow targets me.
Charu hides behind... a wolf. Shadowolfe. Him dying confirms a wolf essentially. If Charu doesn't die, he was either roleblocked or Shadow is human (most likely the latter).
Wabby does whatever.
Funnygurl roleblock Shadowolfe. I wanted her to do FFA to learn if he actually used his strongman power tonight but she cna't target the same person twice in a row.
Raeko roleblock MML (lol).
Haku use doctor on himself if he can. Otherwise, use it on Xelnya.
FFA should be doing NOTHING.
Sunfan targets Pozzai, ShadoWolfe, and anybody else. (He decided Wabby as third pick.)

FOR FUTURE

Kill the TPB villains lol. Cyrus, Shadowolfe, MML in that order. Otherwise Wabby.

I somehow ignored the high % likely winning move only to focus on why the setup was the way it was and I ended up throwing away the entire game over semantics while having everything needed to win the entire thing on Day 2.

I didn't just lose a game. I loss what should have been a one sided win because of how much information there was on the table and how it already pointed out to the entire wolf team.
(wolves were all named as antagonists of the show and town main 3 power roles as protagonists)

--
Anyway, back on topic.

Raeko knew all of the above already because she had the same notes as me.
She just spent a game watching me fail over and over to get town together just to do a follow up logical vote that pretty much autowin.
It's going to be the same this game because this is a consistent pattern with me.
The problem is that I'm going to be artificially kept alive and you guys are going to get a headache over how I play.

So, @Raeko

Why did you ask me this considering you just played a game with me ?

I'm confused by the intentions behind the question because -specificially you- should have known fairly well where my mindset was at after that game.