View Single Post
Old 05-30-2004, 05:32 PM   #17
Anonymous
FFR Player

okay here's the deal.

I don't know what you're calling happiness, but i think that happiness and contentment are two diferent things.

Happy is something you feel when you're completely content, everything in your life is going right, and you have no cares in the world. That hardly ever happens, for long periods anyways.

Being content is much easier to do, and therefore can happen quite often. Being content is just getting away for awhile, not worrying about stuff, and just not caring. It's a good part of happiness, but its not truly happiness, and it can go away quickly.

Also, on a side note. The person who told you to get a gf? Don't listen to him. Being in a relationship CAN be a very happy time, but its never an easy road. I'd say with your outlook right now, getting into a relationship would probably be a bad idea, considering the fact that it could very easily get messy, and quickly too. Relationships AREN'T bad things, just maybe for you, right now, they are.

As for what makes me happy, i don't really know, i've been happy a lot in my life, many times as a kid, because kids are almost always happy. They never have a care in the world, and just do w/e is fun. But other than that, just a few times, Being somewhere beautiful with my family/friends, and just feeling like i was on top of the world.

Other than that, i like to stay content as long as possible, as often as possible. The main thing that makes most people, i think, content is, doing what you want, when you want. I respect the law (at least most of it) and can still do what i want, when i want, most of the time. Here's a few examples.

Being with my friends, remenescing (spelling?) makes me content.

Getting work done without being bothered makes me content.

Talking with my internet friends, whether it's thru Chats, IM's, or on the phone, makes me content.

Making new friends, whether they're internet, or immediate, makes me content.

Beautiful days outside make me content.

Orgasms make me content. (maybe TMI, maybe not, but we all can relate, at least MOST of us.)

There. Those are some things that make me content, i hope you can find some things that make you content Laharl, cuz life sucks without good things.
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote