View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 02:20 PM   #15
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm

I think Jimerax is studying for finals...maybe that's why he's been slow to rate the new songs. Anyway, I'm still here, and the folks are out holiday shopping as well.

This week's new song, Splash Beats, had me wondering at first. The first few times I had to sightread because it took me a while to figure out that the speakers had somehow become unplugged. Even then, I noticed a few things:

-The 8th jumps in the beginning reminded me of L3 in both speed, difficulty and awkwardness. Then again, I've always had trouble with those sorts of patterns.
-While I was able to combo some of the shorter 16th streams, the really long trills presented something of a problem. In fact, that entire section demands speed that some less skilled indexers may not possess, but it's by no means impossible for one-handers.
-The last 16th stream seems to have jumps on the 4th notes. Blessedly, it's brief enough that I'm able to combo.

I'd rate this song a 4.5. (Thanks for agreeing with me on my previous rating, Jimerax. I guess I really am good at something around here after all. ^_^)
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote