View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 09:15 PM   #3
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG Turbo XXVI - Kiss and Kill - Postgame

Notes:

MVP goes to FFA primarily for being the decisive vote and choosing correctly between fakeclaiming Funnygurl and the one true roundbox Gunsmith! Making a judgment call and going for the win is hard under pressure, but you made the right call!
He gets bonus points for clearing himself early thru his shot and maintaining WIM even when things got choppy.

WITH THAT SAID,

FFA coming in with the gun D0, announcing, and sticking to a shot between two arbitrary players like he did is objectively bad. There were several players that had not posted at that time, and there was nothing alignment indicative to read from at that point. Yes, announcing a shot like that is fine to reactiontest, but sticking to it could've been catastrophic had he not been incredibly lucky. Excluding himself, naming two arbitrary players had a 25% chance of being right, and has an equal chance of hitting a PR.

As it were, if Star were not the second name in his pool, he would've been making a neat little bed between the Cop and a VT. BUT, even considering that, you redeemed yourself in the final day and definitively won yourself the MVP spot.

Honorable mention definitely goes to Funnygurlfor playing a fantastic wolfgame and keeping her head cool in thread (even when they were the opposite in woofchat) and her emotions feeling very genuine (even knowing she's a wolf). I kept putting myself in FFA's shoes, and you reversed what was seemingly an "auto" game into something you almost made your own. The couple of times I thought you'd been caught, you found ways to come back out from underneath it all and push back harder than before.

roundbox kept a surprising amount of fire going under FG's feet in that last phase, passionately pushing into her post history to find every dirty secret she had hoped she'd swept under the rug. It's hard to fight emotion, and last days can be draining, but I could feel the WIM from here

lastly, but not leastly, sunfan read solidly into star's reactions D0 and provided appropriate followup momentum, which helped both push her over the edge and fuel FFA's investigative fire (read: gun abuse). Setting yourself up as a secondary clear was clutch for town, making you a near-necessary nightkill for a wolf victory.

Great game all, I hope all of you had as much fun playing it as I did hosting. Thanks for playing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

Last edited by ShadoWolfe; 04-16-2019 at 09:51 PM..