View Single Post
Old 06-8-2017, 07:51 AM   #260
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Default Re: THREAD MOTHAFUCKAS MINTY 2 BITCHES NEW PACK YEAH

City of Revelry (Antronach) - :OK_Mine:. Changes play out well, the only thing that's a little iffy for me is the fast anchor jack into the hand at 114. I'll let you know if I think it should be changed.

Cuatro Babys (Leo137) - Pretty cool song/file overall, though it does drag on a bit. I think a little more pattern flavor in the latter half would go a long way here. There are a lot of non-static anchors -> jacks like at 38.55 on 3 and 41.12 on 2. Personally I think a fast anchor into a slow jack is much more awkward than a slow anchor into a fast jack, and the trickiness of alternating between those two different situations repeatedly adds up a lot. I think it's a lot of the technical charm of the file, so I wouldn't completely gut them, but I do think they constitute "too much" (though this might get fixed incidentally with more pattern variation in the latter half).

Some specific comments
77.9 - suuuuper awkward
105.1 - the right hand anchor sequence that starts here is pretty out of this world

I don't think the file particularly needs a cut before the last chorus but you might do that if you are drawing blanks on pattern variety.

YODELLING (Choof) - I like the pattern arrangement everywhere in this file except for the 64th rolls. I don't like how they end in a 64th minijack, and I don't like how the first is an ascending that starts on a 4, and the other mirrored. Imo the rolls are too technically demanding to be anything other than frustrating given the rest of the file. I'd like to see the minijack changed to a 32nd at minimum.

Kamikaze (Choof) - no.

Get Got (lemonguy) - See cuatro babys. Drags on a bit. I'm ok with accepting it in full but there has to be more pattern variety.

Last edited by MinaciousGrace; 06-8-2017 at 08:09 AM..
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote