bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Batch Review Thread v2.0

CONTINUATION OF OCTOBER 1, 2011 BATCH

Judge Team 2

psychoangel691

*I apologize for all the quick notes, I got a lot busier than expected. If anyone would like me to go over anything with them just ask, I'd be more than happy to.

A Milli Remix (qqwref)[+.]

Well this certainly is one of the most interesting charts/songs I've seen for FFR lol. Really
fun for the most part I just feel like the emptier sections could be filled in just a little bit
more to match the rest of the chart. Like m46 to m58 just feels so empty after the rest of the
chart. Maybe just add a little layering in there?

Excite~OMG~ Bike (YOSHl)[+?]

I like it, but I don't think it works well as a regular chart because lol difficulty jump at the
end of it. I'd love to see it as a skill token off of the normal excite bike though. I think
that would be cool.

Face of Faith (Ziergdsx18)[+?]

Your layering is really hard to follow in this chart. (I apologize for the quicknote I got a bit behind. I'm sure the others probably gave you good advise and if you want some more info from me just get in touch)

[Fall Silently (DossarLX ODI)[+]

I remember at 1st playthrough listening to the song I was like hmm this seems like it's going to
have that draggy repetitive thing going on but somehow you managed to keep it interesting. Then
when the song switches up is beautifully done. I love this chart and the song. Nice job.

FF7 Battle (megamon88)[+.]

Overall pretty nice chart. The ending feels slightly over done based on the sound of the music
(it's slightly hard to hear what's being followed unless you have good headphones/speakers) and
the music starts to fade out but the chart is still going pretty aggressively.

Finder (MrPopadopalis25)[+]

What I really liked about this chart is it has bursts and rolls but isn't too over difficult.
The bursts felt easy and smooth to hit and it wasn't murder on my hands.

Fish Hell (megamon88)[+.]

Overall a pretty solid chart. Some minor blips here or there. It felt slightly draggy to me and I don't really feel it needs the straight jumps at the end. But still well done.

Fleeting Fantasy (Rebirth)[+.]

I feel the chart could have used some progression. Like in the beg the song builds up until you
hit the run but the chart is the same from the beg up to the run. Then I also feel it could use
a cut because it's just like the same run over and over again. It starts to drag.

For FFR v2 (Reshiram)[+.]

Technically the chart is fine for the most part. On a subjective level though I found a lot of
patterns to be pretty awkward, I also felt like there were parts that were just overdone for the
way the song is. Again that's a purely subjective notation. m26 to 35 I feel like just as a
player playing I can't feel why those jumps belong there.

Futsuu No Uta (Kommisar)[+]

Solid chart nothing really to mention.

Gimme Half (qqwref)[+.]

Didn't notice any major technical errors. It's just another one of those songs that kinda drags
on a bit long. I wish there were like an epic solo or something to break it up a little bit, but
that's just the nature of the song. otherwise it's a solid chart.

-Glorious Morning- (ichliebekase)[+]

It's been a battle trying to get this in but I think you've done it. Didn't notice any major errors to note. Good job.

Identity (DarkZtar)[+?]

I know this is meant to be a marathon song but sections of it drag so much. Like the beg is just
the same stuff over and over and over again. Then you hit the solo section which is awesome and
keeps you occupied. Then it's back to the same thing as the beg. I feel that a marathon song
should offer as much variety as possible to keep the player occupied. Some different layering or
even pattern choices I think would help this chart a lot. Or just cut out some of the beg and or
ending to make it a little less repetitive.

Imaginary Sky (DarkZtar)[+.]

Nice easy file, the only thing to really note on is that the audio quality of the song is pretty
poor.

In Aisles (Coolboyrulez0)[+.]

The only really noticeable thing to me is you have a run starting at m62 continuing on till the
end, which if it's following what I think it is, it doesn't stay constant. There would be breaks
in it

Indo No Sobaya (_.Spitfire._)[+]

Overall pretty nice job, few things annoyed me like the constant up arrow for a little bit lol.
I feel the hands at the end of the chart were a little over the top as well. But otherwise
nicely done.

Intensive Care Unit (VisD)[-]

Nice try on the chart but there are some issues. The difficulty is inconsistent, you have a lot
of empty space or just 8th notes then it jumps to jacks and then there's 24ths etc. There are
also some miss-rhythms in the chart as well. Don't give up though, you just need to figure out if you want to go for something easier or harder and adjust from there. I'm doing quick notes
because I got backed up this week but would be more than happy to go over the chart with you in
more detail if you want. Just shoot me a PM or message me on AIM.

Keep ON Driving (DossarLX ODI)[+]

I personally would have liked to see a little more layering in the chart but I'm guessing you
were trying to keep this in a mid/lowish difficulty range. It's so funny seeing almost no jumps

in a chart to me lol.

KOMMICORE (0+AsphyxZero)[+.]

That ending is pretty brutal. The only thing that really bugs me is it's kinda on the short
side. But it's a pretty solid chart.

La Cereza Caliente (Elite Ninja)[+.]

You have a few minijacks here and there that don't belong and a few pr issues, but I don't feel it's enough to have to reject the chart. I actually find it pretty fun.

Lawn Wake II (0)[+]

Solid chart, nice job yet again.

Liberate (Rebirth)[+]

Bout time someone stepped more disturbed. No complaints from me.

Luigi's Mansion (SocoNhydro420)[+?]

The song is really repetitive. The long trills repeat several times and the runs repeat as well.
Even though the song isn't that long I think it could use a cut. It just feels super draggy.
Also, the 32nd blip at the end of m51 and m100 is really hard to hit and breaks the flow of the
file. Maybe try to find a friendlier pattern for those?

Magical Higan Tour 2009 (LJRox)[+.]

Few minor miss-rhythms here and there and you have a 32nd jump in the burst at m55. Otherwise
nice job.

Mahou no Fu (MrPopadopalis25)[+]

Solid file, no complaints here.

Miss Candy on TV (Dossar vs qqwref)[+.]

File is pretty solid, it feels a little empty from m57 to the end in comparison to the rest of the chart. On a subjective level I'm extremely iffy on the "song" it really feels more like noise to me.

Mutan Sixty Four (ninjaKIWI)[+?]

I actually really enjoy this chart for the most part. The biggest problem is the bursts that
start coming in at the end of M37, you're forcing a 32nd minijack here. There are 8 of them in
the chart. IF those were fixed up it would really help the flow of the chart.

Night Walker (hi19hi19)[+.]

My problem with this chart is the 1st half is kinda draggy. It's just the same stuff over and
over for about a minute. (Which is just the way the song is) Then it gets to the epic solo which
is awesome. Really other than the draggy beginning the chart is well done.

Ochitsukeruwakenaiwayo! [Standard](jimerax)[+]

Really fun chart. Loved it.

story of dreamers (Silvuh)[+]

Interesting song choice, don't see too much like this in ffr. My only complaint is I hate having
to wait for a chart to start. It takes about 11 seconds for any steps to come in and while 11
seconds doesn't sound like much, it feels like forever when you want to play. I just feel that
space could have been filled in rather than left blank.

Throwing Fire (who_cares973)[+]

Fun file, good job, etc <3

TWILT (Silvuh) [+]

Nice easy file.

Velocity (who_cares973) [+]

I saw ToneDeff and I was like YAY, then I played the file and was disappointed and you know why
>:l Jokes aside though really well done file.

samurai7694

A Milli Remix (qqwref) [+?]
- No 2 seconds of silence, it just starts at 0.057, and the offset feels way off
- This song choice and file just didn't amuse me that much.
- Layering is alright, at least maybe others might find it hilarious.

Excite ~OMG~ Bike (YOSHl) [+.]
- OMG was my reaction.
- As much as I dislike different versions of one song already in game, this one actually made me chuckle.
- The file is fine, layering is passable, which it should always be considering the song length.

Face of Faith (Ziergdsx18) [+]
- Nice song choice, the flow was nice.
- I just didn't like the very ending with those 14 14 14 16th note gallops.

Fall Silently (DossarLX ODI) [+]
- When the mirror left-right layering technique was present, I was happy.
- Those 32nd jumps threw me off lol
- Not a fan of the polyrhythms though
- The ending was awesome, the flow is just amazing. p.s. more dubstep needed for FFR

FF7 Battle (megamon88) [+]
- The file is really nice, good layering, sync is fine, not much else to say.
- If I had a dollar for every time I heard FF7 battle songs...lol

Finder (MrPopadopalis25) [+]
- I personally didn't like the last 4th arrow being there.
- This is a really good file, not too heavy and not too watered down, perfect blend.
- The usage of gallops were alright.

Fish Hell (megamon88) [+]
- Only thing I was iffy about was the layering in the very beginning.
- Overall though, the file is really fun.

Fleeting Fantasy (Rebirth) [?]
- wrong offset? should be at least around -2.030
- As much as I like stream files, I was iffy about this one.
- It's so old school, the layering and all.

For FFR v2 (Reshiram) [+?]
- For the piano section at around measure 31, you could have layered jumps to the the percussion instead.
- Measures 36-38, those 16ths look like ghost notes to me.
- Measures 55-58, again, those 16ths, are barely audible in the music so I'd suggest to cut them.
- It was at least a nice try, not a bad file, but needs a bit of work.

Futsuu No Uta (Kommisar) [+]
- haha cute song choice
- layering is perfect, the file is not too heavy and not too watered down.
- pattern choices were nice.

Gimme Half (qqwref) [+?]
- missing 16ths/misrhythms from measures 130-136
- measure 137 is unclear as well, those 32nd notes.
- those should be fixed, then I can accept it.

-Glorious Morning- (ichliebekase) [+]
- unique song choice
- rhythm and layering is nice, good easy file.

Identity (DarkZtar) [+?]
- holy shit 7 minute file
- as much as I'd love to say that this has nice flow, layering, and all, it just drags on for a while.
- in other words, it's just straight 8th notes for the majority of the file.

Imaginary SKy (DarkZtar) [+]
- easy file, nice use of PR

In Aisles (Coolboyrulez0) [+.]
- I'm not too fond of the 64th note jumps, you could have used 192nd notes instead
- Everything else seems okay to me.

Indo No Sobaya (t+pazolite Remix)(_.Spitfire._) [++]
- badass song choice
- measure 104-106 gave me goosebumps lol
- that last measure...tough pattern to hit
- really hefty file, layering is good enough, love the pattern usage especially.

Intensive Care Unit (VisD) [?]
- layering is all over the place. those 16th jacks, no.
- pattern usage was decent, I'll give you that.
- some parts felt empty while others feel heavy for no reason.

Keep On Driving (DossarLX ODI) [+]
- haha yes, a hip hop song. love the whistling in the background
- nice easy fun file for the genre, like Famouz but not as heavy.

KOMMICORE (0 + AsphyxZero) [+]
- the song choice made me giggle
- for a hard file, at least the song length is appropriate
- I actually liked it, fast jumpstream files are needed on FFR imo

La Cereza Caliente (Elite Ninja) [+]
- pretty easy file
- layering is decent enough

Lawn Wake II (0) [+]
- the file is just as evil as the song itself
- ooooo the colors and BPM changes
- challenging file, I liked it.

Liberate (Rebirth) [+]
- a song by disturbed, about time.
- pattern choices is a bit repetitive but okay.
- layering is fine. nice easy rock file.

Luigi's Mansion (8bit Showdown Mix) (SocoNhydro420) [+?]
- liked the file up until the 32nd noteson the 3rd beat of measure 51. It should be just one beat, on the 4th beat.
- the file basically repeats from then on. I'd suggest a cut, or at least to add variety to pattern choices.
- again, the 32nds, at the last measure.

Magical Higan Tour 2009 (LJRoX) [+?]
- layering is not consistent
- what's with the 32nd jump at measure 55?
- missing rhythms, such as 16ths at measure 61, and again at 65, etc.
- file has potential, but it needs a major fix, mostly layering issues.

Mahou no Fu (MrPopadopalis25) [+.]
- I'm pretty sure there are tuns of missing 16ths
- Layering is pretty good though
- wtf hefty jumpstream section
- overall it's a pretty fun file

Miss Candy on TV (DossarLX_ODI vs. qqwref) [+]
- this file is really great, nuff said.
- layering is decent enough, fun file.

Mutant Sixty Four (ninjaKIWI) [+?]
- Liked it up until the 64th triplets/32nd mini jacks
- missing 32nds right before measure 51 after the 8th jump
- Fix those minor issues and then I'll accept it.

Night Walker (hi19hi19) [+]
- really nice guitar solo, wow.
- file overall is great

Ochitsukeruwakenaiwayo! [Standard] (jimerax) [+]
- pattern choices are a bit repetitive
- layering is okay for the overall file difficulty
- fun easy file

story of dreamers (Silvuh) [+]
- interesting time signature
- nice color changes
- song is nice too, overall fun file for it's difficulty

Throwing Fire (who_cares973) [+]
- I like the use of 48th note gallops in this
- nice easy file and song choice

TWILT (Silvuh) [+]
- decent easy file, this time with an upbeat song
- honestly thought it was an uber rave remix when the song started lol

Velocity (who_cares973) [+.]
- wtf LOL the return of champion freeverse?
- Though it's the point of the file, I'm kinda iffy about the layering to the vocals since the percussions take over
- I thought the mini jacks killed the flow, imo
- Not a bad file, though.

bmah

A Milli Remix / qqwref
rating: [+.] conditional until syncing is fixed
- there appears to be some syncing issues (e.g. m1-5 is early relative to m10 and onwards; same with the rapping in the latter half)
- technical stuff: clap on m8?; missed piano note at beat 50.50, 80.33, 82.83 (misplaced jump?), 92.00, 144.33, 160.33; misplaced and missing note at m58; several missing notes in m59-60; jump on beat 241.50 is actually a gallop
- the latter half of the song is pretty empty, but the music isn't doing all that much either; fix the sync though
- Summary: Not a bad file; the density is certainly highest during the piano section. Although there are some missing notes, the sync is what made playing this song feel awkward.

Excite ~OMG~ Bike / YOSHl
rating: [?]
- well you sure gave me the ~OMG~ factor
- m10: jumps to piano chords
- super fast part: you should've just focused on the main melody instead of making a constant handstream; avoid jacks as well
- song length not an issue
- Summary: The second part ruined it. ;_;

Face of Faith / Ziergdsx18
rating: [+?]
- underlayering can sometimes be a good tactic to emphasize certain parts of a song, but in this case, it causes confusion. "What exactly are you layering" is the question.
- m1-8 is a decent example of how underlayering emphasizes the cymbal crashes. It still feels a bit funny, but it works.
- check the rhythm to the synths; for instance, there isn't a 16th at beat 35.25
- for most of the song (m9 onwards), the underlayering makes for some muddled stepping. For example: m9 is stepped to only synths, but m10-12 is more layered and includes melody, drums, and a few other things I'm not quite sure of. Then it becomes underlayered again on m13 (and density of layering goes back and forth, etc.). Oddly enough, it seems a tad overlayered halfway through the song.
- Summary: Steps need to be a lot fuller, not for difficulty reasons, but because it's hard to understand what you're stepping to. Figure out which sounds are best represented in the song and step to those.

Fall Silently / DossarLX ODI
rating: [+]
- m5-33: you sure exploited the hi-hats. The first half of the song lacks rhythmical variety, so not much could be done. However, you can start out with only jumps, and then introduce the hi-hats later.
- another personal preference, but the jumpjacks at places like m43 would seem more bearable as single jacks
- m71: I still think the song can wind down with a continuous staircase
- Summary: Musically, I didn't think the song had much to offer, but your gimmicks and color theory made a difference.

FF7 Battle / megamon88
rating: [+.]
- technical stuff: m13 has extraneous 8th jumps in 2nd half of measure, according to your layering of the strings; same thing happens at beats 90.00, 98.00. Two extraneous 16ths at around beat 59.00 (I think). What do the 8th jumps at beats 171.50, 179.50, 187.50 go to?
- I think there's an overusage of jumps in areas like m16-18,26-32,34-39. Consider the drums as well instead of only the guitar strums when layering.
- m65-75: stepping to the quiet 16th hi-hats doesn't represent this part of the song well.
- Summary: It'd be good if you fix the overusage of jumps, and avoid stepping to constant hi-hats. They both homogenize the chart and make it appear more bland.

Finder / MrPopadopalis25
rating: [+] conditional until placeholder note is removed
- make sure you avoid jumps where there's only one sound (and is not accented). See beats 4.00, 20.00, 36.00, 52.00, 136.00, 148.00, 152.00, 180.00, 184.00. Conversely, missed a jump at beat 171.50.
- a placeholder arrow is used to draw out the end of the song for the players to listen to, so it doesn't make sense to add it when the song has already ended.
- Summary: Nice, varied file with a calm tone. Fix the jumps that go to one sound and please remove the placeholder note.

Fish Hell / megamon88
- m3-10: two issues here. a) extra arrows that again homogenizes the chart. The main melody has regular breaks, so 8th notes such as at beat 8.50 should be removed. Whatever sounds the 8ths go to is irrelevent enough to be confusing if you stepped to them. b) your choice of accenting 16ths with jumps. It feels off with 16ths going to jumps, despite their following to the guitar. It's a lot better if the jumps coincided with guitar+drum combos, like at beats 8.00 or 9.00. Both these two factors made this section confusing to play.
- should probably stick to the guitars and avoid jacks that go to drums at m20,23-24
- 32nds and not 24ths at m21,23,etc. Check throughout the whole song.
- on a similar note, there are 24ths that should be just 12ths at around beat 114.00,276.00
- jumps at cymbal crashes on m63,65 would be nice
- m92-99: I highly recommend putting the jumps to the syncopated drums instead. For instance, the jacky section should have 8th jumps instead of 4th jumps.
- Summary: A lot of small issues here and there, especially the beginning. Fix those up, because this file is Fish Hell-a fun. It doesn't even feel like a long song.

Fleeting Fantasy / Rebirth0
- first of all, offset/gap is wildly off; should be about -2.120s or so
- oldschool chart! Not a bad thing in itself, but there are other issues:
- I encourage better layering to the music. When there's less going on, step less. If there's more, add more. For example, m1-8 and m9-21 are nearly the same, both with 8th jumpstreams, but clearly m1-8 doesn't have a lot of music going on. Differentiate between the two by stepping less.
- the 16th index streams are fun, but don't overdo them. They're fine until around m57-72, where there doesn't appear to be any obvious 16th sounds.
- m73-87: if you followed the above advice, you'd probably end up with a very long section of 8th jumpstreams. But this particular area also has some 16th piano rhythms in which you can step. Try that.
- the latter end of the song with 16th streams become monotonous. You can either layer some jumps in them, or just leave them as is. The former choice would destroy the index-friendliness of the file however.
- Summary: a) change offset b) better layering c) increase variety. There are some players who really like index files, so it'd be great if you fixed this.

For FFR v2 / Reshiram
- technical stuff: jump on beat 65.00; missed an obvious 16th at beat 134.25;
- m36-38: What are those trills going to? I'd probably remove those.
- m39-42: underlayered in the way that I cannot tell whether you're stepping to 8th hi-hats or the actual melody. Step more fully.
- m55-62: missing every other 4th jumps for some reason. If you're stepping to another sound however, I can't seem to hear it.
- Summary: There are minor things you should fix, but overall, this is a pretty good reinterpretation.

Futsuu No Uta / Kommisar
- suggestion: maybe step to those 16th synths on m32-33 instead of the usual 8th jumpstream? Or the 16th strings around m36?
- I felt some areas had too many hands that weren't really on emphasized sounds. Check m43,71 as examples.
- a few 16ths can be added to bass synths on m52-57,80-85
- Summary: File reminds me of Setsujou! Hyakka Ryouran! A lot of jumps making for some strange jump patterns. Just reconsider some really dense areas with hands and jumps.

Gimme Half / qqrwef
- many repeating 8ths you have aren't entirely 8th jacks, due to the changing tonality of either guitar strums (e.g. m10) or drums (e.g. m10,20-34).
- some ghost 16ths from m52-57. The 16th drums aren't continuous.
- missed 16ths going to drums at m130,132,134. Your 16th patterns get muddled up at m135 and 137. Check this more closely.
- technical stuff: 16th, not 8th at beat 54.50; missed an 8th at beat 446.50; check the PR of the drums at m119-120l jump at beat 557.00 could probably be a quick gallop
- My ears bleed from listening to this song, but the chart itself plays pretty well. Just fix missing/unecessary 16ths, and watch the PR on drums and guitar strums.

-Glorious Morning- / ichliebekase
- I remember playing your older version of this song. Nice revision. The strings are stepped fairly well to the PR and the drums play nicely too.
- Summary: You fixed it well. Good job!

Identity / DarkZtar
- when stepping a song that's over 7 minutes long, make sure the song and steps are interesting enough to last. This song is 80% 8th jumpstreams with scattered 16ths, and unfortunately this gets boring fast. I suggest you trim the song down A LOT.
- technical stuff: accented drums alongside with less-accented drums don't necessarily deserve to be jumps such as in m47-48 transition; missed jump at beat 267.00; be careful not to step unecessary jumps in your layering scheme - for instance, the synth melody + guitars around m83 usually results in some jumps, but not in places like beat 333.50, 349.50, etc.; similarly, accented guitar doesn't need to have jumps, such as beat 381.50,386.50, etc.; m123 missed some 16ths on drums; missed 8th on beat 497.50
- Summary: The technical stuff is quite minor. The steps are made very cleanly overall. The problem is that the song doesn't have enough variety to last for 7 minutes without falling asleep.

Imaginary Sky / DarkZtar
- IMO, you synced the song a bit too early, but that can be fixed with a gap change
- m44,47: can add a few quick gallops to the piano
- Summary: Nice and easy. If you could find a better version of the mp3, that'd be nice too, because the song cuts abruptly. If you can, fade out the song.

In Aisles / Coolboyrulez0
- 48ths right before m2 and m3
- m5: instead of repeating the left arrow, try to find a pattern that maintains a back-and-forth motion
- m17,19,21,23: aren't there obvious 16ths missing? Unless I'm not understanding your layering scheme.
- m39-42: PR could be better here
- no 16th at beat 173.25; no 8th at beat 174.50
- Summary: Pretty good easier file from a song artist usually targeted for harder charts.

Indo No Sobaya (t+pazolite Remix) / _.Spitfire._
rating: [+?] (for the most part it was [+.] however)
- IMO, there are too many hands in areas that just do not sound well-accented. Tone down hands in areas like m13,16,24-25,32,48-49,55,104-105,etc. Hands are good in places that are clearly defined, either by layering or accenting (e.g. m37-41)
- awkward jumpjack group at m28,32
- might want to water down 48ths on m111,119
- technical stuff: missed a 16th in m17
- m120-121: this is what gave the file a [+?]. Definitely going to have to tone down 12th handjacks at 220bpm.
- Summary: Reduce the hands in the file, and especially the ending. A few other small awkward places as well. You should be good to go after that.

Intensive Care Unit / VisD
rating: [-]
- the steps are really inaccurate the whole way through, but I understand what you're trying to achieve (you've got the syncing right though)
- Summary: Please send me a message if you want to know the specific details on how to improve your simfile. It was a good try.

Keep On Driving / DossarLX ODI
- m1-12, 44-53: the intro and ending seems to show little effort, as it's nothing but 8ths, whereas you can step something far more interesting such as the drums; you clearly show the effort in the meat of the song however
- Summary: Simple but good steps following hip hop lyrics. Show some effort in the beginning and ending please.

KOMMICORE / 0 + AsphyxZero
- m9-20: 8th jumpstream pretty much ignoring what's going on in the song
- m16: there should be some 16ths here
- the 16th jumpstream going to breakcore patterns are very awkward to pull off at this speed; I'm more or less referring to m56-62 (which doesn't even follow the breakcore all that well)
- Summary: The 8ths as well as the breakcore section should be more relevant to the song. Right now, it's difficult AND bland.

La Cereza Caliente / Elite Ninja
- note at beat 63.00 is sort of faded and comes late; I'd ignore it
- I'd like to see better PR in m17,19,21 (namely, there shouldn't be jacks)
- m34-41: combine the melody with drums instead of partially stepping to the hi-hats.
- Summary: Nicely done easy song. See the suggestions above.

Lawn Wake II / 0
- the [14] jump introducing 32nd rolls at m98 (beat 386.00) should be just a single arrow; it'll throw a lot of people off
- Summary: Great FGO-tier file without any outrageously difficult parts (except that jump as mentioned above). The color theory is a nice addition.

Liberate / Rebirth0
- m16,46: drum/lyrics confusion? Check the arrows here.
- m87-98: I don't quite see the need for the triple jumps here.
- technical stuff: drum on beat 69.00, 169.00, 189.00; no 16th at beat 327.75
- Summary: Repetitive, but fun chart. If there's one thing you should fix, please look at m16 and 46.

Luigi's Mansion (8bit Showdown Mix) / SocoNhydro420
rating: [+.] conditional until m51/100 is fixed
- IMO, the song didn't need to repeat. The repeat especially lacks merit if most of the chart's second half is a mirror of the first half.
- jumps at beat 29.50, 31.00?
- the 16th streams were sort of pseudo-PR, but for the most part, it's fine. The lack of PR does stand out more in runningmen patterns, such as m30,34 so have a look there.
- m51,100: those 32nd patterns are really bad.
- Summary: A really fun file. However, you should consider chopping the song in half and stop at m52. And please fix the two measures filled with 32nds.

Magical Higan Tour 2009 / LJRoX
- m14: 16th instead of 24th at around beat 53.75
- m29-34: the bass synth should definitely be single arrows; otherwise, the layering results in hands that feel out of place; I also suggest single arrows instead of 8th jumps at m37-45
- m36: check PR
- m57,61-62,65,69-70,108,etc.: missing some pretty obvious notes
- m67,83,155: shift that roll a 32nd down!
- m109-117: should tone down according to the music and step the breakbeats; also, the hands around m116-117 are pretty uncreative
- m117-122: at this point, this pattern is just copy-paste fodder. Vary things up.
- m123,125: weird 8th note syncopation...
- m141-163: more variation instead of copy-paste please
- Summary: A ton of missing notes, offbeat 32nd rolls, and copy-paste patterns. The chart layout itself is fun; the file just needs to be refined a bit more.

Mahou no Fu / MrPopadopalis25
- the triples going to hi-hats should be used in moderation, but it's alright
- m40: ghost 16ths?
- m46-61: the big 16th jumpstream is a little too dense in certain areas, such as m61, but it's doable. However, you should be more consistent in what you layer to the jumps: you sporadically layer to the bass drum (e.g. m50-51) and on occasion leave it blank (e.g. m52-53). My personal opinion is to not step the bass drums. Just leave the jumps to the lyrics and claps.
- m62-63: the patterns seem rather homogeneous. Tone done the jumps.
- m64: the two sets of triple jacks will surprise most players. It's doable though, but you might want to consider changing that.
- Summary: Fun song and chart (a wannabe Aim Burst). However, it's a bit jump-happy at times, and that one measure with jacks will probably be negatively targeted.

Miss Candy on TV / Dossar vs. qqwref
- for aesthetic reasons, it would be really nice if you shifted 3/4 of the chart an 8th so it can be synced on the 4th beat.
- m35: the trill pattern may throw some players off, but it's doable
- Summary: Nice! Glad it's not the same chart as on Dossar's tournament haha. My only complaint is that there's nothing strange about the rhythms of this song, yet you managed to make 75% of the chart an 8th note off.

Mutant Sixty Four / ninjaKIWI
- during the fast sections of the song (where most of the 32nds are), the BPM should be doubled (e.g. starting at m21). It's simply for aesthetic purposes, but it feels a little strange when a fast song plays at half the speed.
- m21,23-27,33-35: the jacks going to drums are technically correct, but that sort of pattern leaves little variety. Try to mix the patterns up.
- the quick trills at m37,41,45,49 are doable, but doesn't match the difficulty of the song well. I suggest changing the patterns to quick rolls instead.
- Summary: The biggest thing you should focus on is pattern variety, and change up those quick trills. Everything else is nice.

Night Walker / hi19hi19
- technical stuff: 12th jump at beat 26.67?; no jump at beat 34.00; missed a 12th note at beat 135.67,151.00; 24th solo ends two notes earlier at m52
- the quick left-hand trill before m16,24,32,40 feels better as a roll
- Summary: smooth chart, great solo sections.

Ochitsukeruwakenaiwayo! [Standard] / jimerax
- although the song sort of repeats twice, the patterns are varied enough
- Summary: perfect difficulty for the standard chart. Fun and easy to follow.

story of dreamers / Silvuh
- The song ends pretty swiftly, so a placeholder note isn't needed
- Summary: Good choice for an easy song, and is stepped very gently. Nice color theory too in certain sections.

Throwing Fire / who_cares973
- a few colored notes can be added here and there to spice up the guitar solo a bit more (e.g. beat 39.63,47.92,etc.) scattered throughout the song
- Summary: Such a funky song, and an equally funky and fun file to play through. See if you can touch up the guitar solo in a couple of sections.

TWILT / Silvuh
- Sort of lackluster even for a really easy song, but definitely a difficulty 1 contender. There are places in which I thought you should still loosely follow the melody instead of placing very sporadic 4ths (e.g. beats 184.00-192.00).
- Summary: Not much to say, other than the melody should be followed a bit more, despite being quite loose.

Velocity / who_cares973
- beats 68.00-69.00: lyrics are 12ths as opposed to 16ths
- beat 323.83: probably should be a 16th note instead of a 24th if you're stepping to the violin
- Summary: Fast rapping @_@. Lots of pattern variety here. The switches between hi-hats/some other instrument to the lyrics might be slightly confusing, but it's overall very easy to follow. Nice work!

Last edited by bmah; 11-7-2011 at 07:26 PM..