View Single Post
Old 11-7-2007, 09:27 PM   #5
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot
Default Re: Batch Review Thread

Code:
11/07/07

The Queue
101 kittens - stargroup100 (again.  beat out bmah's)
Angel stays on this ground vocal - bmah
Comfort Betrays - EW - is this the song that I got for you from AILD?  if not, do we have permission?
Crystal Wind - EW
Delta Beat - Silvuh
dr0p - eastsideman
Endless Altercation - smartdude
Grandolin - Sulfer
Happy Rainbow - bmah (finally) - could have stream though, as jx said
Kamone 100% - Sulfer - so... many... 4-framers...
Lover Reef - Silvuh - agree w/ jx; not overdoubled?
Oasis - eastsideman - agree that it feels a bit long and repetitive
PianoXForte - scottish
Relic Expedition Inanotherstar - jx
Scythe of 13 - Xander
Shining Sky - Sulfer
Sicilian Sun - jx and scottish
Sword Strike - EW
SYNiC - eastsideman
The Entertainer - behanjc - to rebirth: ragtime, not classical...  and 0 4-framers buddy.
Toono youkai - behanjc
X-Tinction - Sulfer

Played By Tass, Not Queue'd
Vanity Angel - what rebirth said
Tops OP Remix - seems ok...  but i can't hear it to be sure.
theme of the dragoon - agree w/ jx. 3-4 spots could use jumps
tell me a story - agree with jx. best so far.  hard song to step.
sting chameleon - agree with jx
rumia - replaced in the queue, was just a minor fix
Quickdraw - Silvuh - whole file feels overstepped
Otters Dance - what both said
Orchestral Angels - agree with rebirth. copypasta much in the 1st half?
Lazy dog funk - cut plz
ice disk - feel like a bad song choice. song is very repetitive. file seems overstepped throughout
hyperactivity - felt the notes going to background near beginning hard to hear vs main melody in rest of the file
hp song - what jx said
flying high - already in game for a widget
blue sky - either cut or make it get harder w/o overstepping
blue rose - fix up sync a bit.  technically accurate, fun, maybe 64th jumpstream a bit much?  remove 3 framers.
6 - what jx said.  if it was 180bpm, would be ok.
101 kittens - bmah - stargroup's is more fun.

Rebirth's Notes

101 Kittens (bmah): +
- Very nice

101 Kittens (stargroup100): +?
- bmah's is better

6: +
- Change gap by 20. F12 once

[g-rain47 2 g-R]: ?
- what the hell kind of title is that?
- Didn't seem too good

.={A Warm Wind in Avalon}=.: +?
- I think you have a few notes off a whole beat in the beginning or something

Activity Unbroken v2: ?
- The song could use a v2, but I don't think it should be like this

Angel Stays On This Ground Vocal Remix: +

Balamb Style: -
- Change the downbeat to a red note then resubmit

Bizarre Beat!: ?
- oh god no. Song sucks

Blue Rose: +?
- Check the sync on some of those colored notes. I don't think those are all what you put them
- Change some of those and resubmit, because this is a very good file

Blue Sky: +

Comfort Betrays: +

Core: +?

Crystal Wind: +

Delta Beat: +

Ding Dong Song: +?

Disconnected Hazard: +?

DMYK: +?
- A few parts couldv'e been better. Like the part near the beginning, where its just 4th jumps

Dr. Mario Remix: ?

dr0p: +

Dragonic Rage: ?
- Don't we already have this song in the game?

Electric Heart: +?
- Kinda good simfile, but its not quite up to what I'd want for this song. Some parts were weird

Elevated: ?
- Kinda boring simfile

Elixir: +?

Endless Altercation: +

Eternal Nightmare: +?

Excite Bike: -
- Isn't this the same chart tear made? >_>

Fantasy Impromptu: ?

Fight Through the Forest: +?

Fish on a Parachute: ?
- Needs a harder chart

flashflashrevolutioniscool: ?

Flying High: +

Forsaken Neon: ?
- Mine is better

Going On Spring Wind: +?
- I love this song. Always have. And I'd like to see some more filler notes where you have a few 4ths or something

Grandolin: +
- I guess this is the best we're gonna get out of this song

Half Symphony v2: +?
- That little 32nd gallop near the beginning should be a 64th. Change and I accept

Happy Gang Bang!: +?
- man i love gang bangs this simfile must be cool then
- Actually it needs a few less 16ths. Its pretty nice but a few less 16th streams would make the file perfect, because some of the 16ths you placed aren't in the music, and felt like you put them there just to continue the streams

Happy Rainbow: +

Hit The Ground Running: ?
- Some notes felt offbeat, incorrectly placed
- Simfile wasn't very fun

Holy Orders (behanjc): +?
- Its a little overdone

Holy Orders (Neontarias): +?
- The minijacks in the beginning don't need to be there
- You started a nonstop stream from measure 15 to 19 (with one or two breaks), then the music repeated and you had some other pattern. Use the same pattern for that repeat
- I think this could be made more interesting. Have some things changed around and stuff

HP song: +
- I know there has to be a different title for this. Its a remix of Angel Eyes, so its probably "Angel Eyes Remix" or something

Hydrocity Zone Act 1: +?

Hyperactivity: +
- Change gap by 20. F11 once

Hypnosis: ?

I LOVE ****: ?
- HOLY **** REALLY? I DO TOO
- It'd be cool if it didn't repeat the same stuff 50 times

Ice Disk: +?
- What the hell was that jump every 3 16ths near the end? That's the only reason I'm rejecting it. Change those to some other rhythm and resubmit

Into the Night: +?
- We already have a simfile for Into the Night in the queue. Its a different song, so I'm not sure what to do about this. If we allow multiple songs with the same title, then I accept this sim

Kamone 100%: +
- It has some bpm problems. It goes offbeat near the end. (Tass: disregard the sync, and if you accept it, let me know. I'll fix the sync and send back to you)

Lawn Wake I: ?
- A bunch of weird offbeat stuff. Weird simfile. Wasn't very good

Lazy Dog Funk: +

Lively Days: ?
- Needs a better simfile

LOLOMGWTFLMAOROFLBBQ: -

Lover Reef: +
- After looking at this simfile, I finally completely understand silvuh's stepping style. Wow lol

Luna Marionette v2: ?

Luvin' You:
- 32nd trill at the beginning. 32nd trills at 160 bpm shouldn't be a problem really. 2 framers don't exist so this couldn't possibly have any

Mortal Kombat - At The Disco: +?

My World: ?
- You put gallops where there are triplets, 4 note 16th streams where there are triplets
- Simfile is just weird. Should be stepped differently

Netbattling Gospel: ?
- A bunch of offbeat notes

Nightfall: ?
- Overstepped. The song should be made into a very easy simfile

Oasis (Vote4Nixon): ?
- eastsideman's is better

Oasis (eastsideman09): +

One Winged Angel 8bit: ?
- Can be done a bit better. Whole simfile needs to be redone

Orchestral Angels: +?
- Patterns felt kinda crappy. Change some of the patterns around in the second half of the file then resubmit

Otter's Dance: +
- 32nds are a bit hard, but it seems ok

Outside the Skies: +

Piano Forte: +
- Man this song is awesome. Simfile is pretty good as well

popcorn: ?
- unknown artist? Figure out who the artist is
- meh simfile anyway

Pound My Senses to TB: ?
- Weird simfile. A lot of missing notes, a lot of offbeat notes

Quickdraw (Silvuh): +
- I guess its technically correct. A bit overdone but I can see how its layered, so ok

Quickdraw (Vote4Nixon): +?
- Silvuh's was more fun to play

Relic Expedition Inanotherstar: +

Rumia: +
- I'd like to see filler notes in the less active parts in measures 36 - 50 but it looks good overall

Scythe of 13: +?
- Macgravel's file for it is better (for my 3rd style project) I'll submit that for him so his will go in

Shattered Dreams: +?
- Just wasn't fun to play

Shind Bad: +?
- I still think my file for it is better. jx/tass should compare and decide for themselves over it

Shining Sky: +

Sicilian Sun: +
- You guys missed a yellow note in the middle of measure 36 lol

Sly v2:
- Too similar to the v1, not to mention 12th notes in this sim aren't correct

Sought Freedom: -
- 175 bpm 16th minijacks, 24th jacks, etc

Soul of the Ninja: ?
- Really really repetitive and meh

Star: ?
- Just didn't feel like a quality file for this song. Arrow placement is weird

Sting Chameleon!: +

Sword Strike: +

SYNiC (Archsynth): +?
- eastsideman's is better

SYNiC (eastsideman09): +
- Change gap by 20. F11 once. (Actually change it by 29, but you'd have to go into the notepad file and change it if you want to do it other than multiples of 20)

Tell Me A Story: +
- Out of all of the Tell Me A Story files I've seen over the months, this is the first one I've liked. Good job
- Could 3 framers at the end though. Maybe change those. Queue worthy anyway

The Beginning of Time: ?
- some offbeat notes
- Simfile wasn't fun to play

The Entertainer: +
- An enjoyable classical file. I like it
- Probably has over 300 4 framers

The Final Hour: ?
- Use better patterns
- Cut down on the streams if possible

The Frequency: ?
- Change gap by 20. F11 once
- Needs better patterns. The sim looks crappy because of the patterns it has now

The Pants of Eternal Darkness: +?
- I don't really think it needs that jumpstream in the beginning

Theme of the Dragoon Knights: +

Toono youkai zensen: +
- Borderline, but I'm gonna accept
- Is there an english title for this?

Toph's OP 2: +

Twilight Techno v2: ?
- Doesn't need a v2 really

UNtitled Gabber Song: +?
- You sure we have permission for this?
- More can be done with this song imo. Make it feel cooler to play

UNTITLED: ?
- Bad song to step
- Repetitive
- 200 bpm 12th double jacks in measure 38 too great

Vanity Angel: +?
- That 8th stream from measure 9 to 15 just made the sim feel dull. Do something other than a boring 8th stream there. 
- Once you fix that, this sim has my approval

Vertex GAMMA: +?
- I understand where half of the jumps go to, but I don't get where some other ones to go
- Some parts are still a little overstepped. 

Virtual Emotion: +?
- The jumps from measure 28 to the middle of 33 should all be single notes imo

Waverip: +?
- This sim has a lack of jumps where jumps are needed. I don't get that, since your sims always have plenty of jumps in them but this one doesn't. Add jumps to the accented notes

Waves of Opression: ?
- Has bpm problems
- Wasn't a very good simfile

X-Tinction: +

You Wanna Me: +?
- Has a few jacks near the end that shouldn't be there

James Bond Techno Remix: ?

JX's Notes
(Ravia) Electric Heart [+?] - want proper song cut, PR pattern would be better at parts, some patterns are repetitive

[g-rain47 2 g-R] (omgitznpv) [?] - some stream patterns, jumpstreams at the end

_-={A Warm Wind in Avalon}=-_ (Kotarouchan) [?] - a bit gap off, 48ths aren't needed, double placement

{James Bond Techno} (francesco12) [?] - offsync at parts, also some rhythms are off.

101 kittens (bmah) [>] - at m11 burst should be 24ths, parts like m36-39, m51, m115 seem off

101 Kittens (stargroup100) [=] (9) - minor fix

6 [eastsideman09] [+?] - overuse of chains/8th jacks

Activity Unbroken (Cyanite) [?] - 16th trills in quiet places are a bit overdone, some 24ths aren't needed.

Angel stays on this ground -Vocal Remix- (bmah) [+] (8)

Balamb Style (MV_Kingslayer) [-] - offsync, YNS, BNS

Bizarre Beat! (customstuff) [?] - off at parts, missing some rhythms

Blue Rose (stargroup100) [+] (11) - felt some notes are a bit off, pot 3-framer, but ok

Blue Sky (i love you) [?] - rhythms could be better, should go with drums more, want songcut somehow maybe

Comfort Betrays (ElectricWerewolf) [+] (9)

Core (customstuff) [+?] - rhythms are weird for me

Crystal Wind (ElectricWerewolf) [+] (10)

Delta Beat (0 Vector Mix) (Silvuh) [+] (8) - double placement in m64-74 is a bit weird but ok

Ding Dong Song (You Touch My Tralala) (HammyMcSquirrel) [?] - blue note on 4th, should go with vocal more, also want notes on the man's voice rather than a blank

Disconnected Hazard [eastsideman09] [+?] - missing some rhythms, some 8th jacks aren't PR

DMYK (ElectricWerewolf) [+?] - m33-57 could go with the vocal more, others are fine

Dr. Mario Fever (megamon88) [+?] - ok but seems missing some fun rhythms, 8th jacks aren't recommended at this BPM

dr0p [eastsideman09] [+?] - m42-57 could go with melody synth with doubles for percussions, some patterns could be more PR (some of them are ok)

Dragonic Rage (Silvuh) [?] - double placement, could be more PR, honestly I'm getting sick of this series

Elevated (Vote4Nixon) [?] - jumpstreams are a bit overdone, sparse places are weird overall

Elixir (omgitznpv) [+?] - overdoubled at parts

Endless Altercation (smartdude1212) [+] (10)

Eternal Nightmare (cut) (ElectricWerewolf) [+?] - some 16th jumpy burst patterns are a bit jacky, doubles on vocal is better in some parts, IMO

Excite Bike (stargroup100) [-] - no

Fantasy Impromptu [eastsideman09] [+?] - felt some parts are understepped

Fight Through the Forest! (SulferDragon) [-] - withdrawal

Fish On a Parachute(who_cares973) [-] - understepped, boring

FL45HFL45HR3V0LU710N15C00L (omgitznpv) [+?] - weird song, double placement at parts

Flying High (cut) (ElectricWerewolf) [+] (9) - sync of the guitar part could be better but it's fine

Forsaken Neon(who_cares973) [?] - 3-framer 16th jacks/32nd streams, more doubles are needed

Going On Spring Wind (Electricwerewolf) [+?] - rhythms aren't wrong, but felt some sparse parts are quite understepped, and want more doubles. It should be mid-FMO at least.

Grandolin (SulferDragon) [+] (9)

Half Symphony (Vote4Nixon) [+?] - patterns could be more PR, last 32nds could go with bass drums(12th doubles?)

Happy Gang Bang!-(behanjc) [+?] - a bit inconsistent double placement

Happy Rainbow (bmah) [+?] - felt a bit repetitive and difficulty inconsistency, you don't need to avoid streams so much, there IS a part that goes with it.

HitTheGroundRunning (HighBuddha) [?] - some notes are offsync, stream patterns

Holy Orders (behanjc) [+?] - 24th patterns, double placement could be better

Holy Orders (Neonatrias) [?] - minijacks, 24th trills at m82, double placement could be better

HP song(who_cares973) [?] - blue notes on 4th, missing some notes, patterns could be more PR

Hydrocity Zone Act 1 (Professor Raine) [?] - some notes are off (i.e. 16th should be 24ths, 48ths are off), missing some rhythms

Hyperactivity (stargroup100) [+?] - felt patterns are awkward (many spins, etc), felt doubles aren't needed on every 4ths

Hypnosis (customstuff) [?] - need proper double placement, patterns could be more PR

I LOVE ****[dore] [-] - lol 330 BPM long streams (and not fun sry), too long blanks

Ice Disk (ElectricWerewolf) [+] (9)

Into the Night (Silvuh) [?] - a bit gap off, weird 32nd patterns, overall song is repetitive

Kamone 100% (SulferDragon) [+] (10) - song is very repetitive, but ok

Lawn Wake I (HK_Keith!) [?] - not sure about permission, stream patterns are retarded, some notes are off

Lazy Dog Funk (Tibs) [+?] - funny concept, but this song has few variation in rhythms so needs a songcut

Lively Days ({Zero}) [-] - gap early, some rhythms are off, especially 24ths aren't put correctly

LOLOMGWTFLMAOROFLBBQ (omgitznpv) [?] - weird short song, offsync at parts, stream patterns, 3-framers

Lover Reef (Silvuh) [+] (8) - a bit weird double placement tho (YN ones, I know he put them on BDs)

LunaMarionette v2 (psycho) [?] - ok file, but not enough difference other than a bit easier difficulty

Luvin' You (i love you) [?] - 32nd trills/minijacks, rap section could be better rhythms

Mortal Kombat - At the Disco (freakysnots) [?] - some 32nds are off, rhythms/doubleplacement could be better

My World [DEMO] (Shadowlessheart) [?] - some notes are off, rhythms should go with the music more accurately

Netbattling Gospel (Battle Network 2) [Intensez] [-] - offsync

Nightfall (omgitznpv) [+?] - a bit difficulty inconsistency, 32nds on m24 could be more accurate

Oasis-Long-[eastsideman09] [+] (8) - maybe better ver, felt a bit long though

Oasis (Vote4Nixon) [+?] - gap off, didn't like some rolls

One Winged Angel 8bit (freakysnots) [?] - misrhythms at parts(some 16ths go with nothing, missing some 24ths), double placement

Orchestral Angels-(behanjc) [+] (8)

Otter's Dance (Hotroot Mix) (Silvuh) [+?] - 32nd rhythm/pattern

Outside the Skies-(behanjc) [+?] - want doubles on melody piano at m21-28, others are fine

Piano Forte(scottish) [++] (10) - nice debut

Popcorn Remix(EnR) [?] - minijacks, missing popcorn rhythms, jumpstreams are boring

Pound my senses to TB (Shadowlessheart) [?] - off at parts, weird rhythms (24ths/16ths that go with nothing)

Quickdraw (Silvuh) [+?] - felt a bit overdone at parts(32nd burst/doubles)/has pot 3-framer (damn 1337 thing), rhythms are overall ok though

Quickdraw (Vote4Nixon) [+?] - misrhythms(32nds should be before 4ths, and missing some 32nds), although patterns make sense more

Relic Expedition Inanotherstar (jx) [+] (9)

Rumia, Sealed Youkai of the Night (ElectricWerewolf) [=] (9) - minor fix

Scythe of 13 (Xandertrax) [+] (11) - kinda long 4 framer file but fun intense file, low-mid FMO

Shattered Dreams (omgitznpv) [?] - m21-24 are overdoubled, 32nds at m25 are misrhythmed, m34-41, m51-64 shouldn't be whole (jump) streams.

Shind Bad (Silvuh) [>] - queue'd one is better

Shining Sky (SulferDragon) [+] (10) - felt a bit understepped compared to what I've expected though

Sicilian Sun (JX&SC) [+] (9)

Sly (Xandertrax) [-] - withdrawal

Smash Podcast perhaps (Wyde) [-] - can't load

Sought Freedom (sticklydude) [-] - offsync at most parts, jacks

Soul of the Ninja (customstuff) [+?] - rhythms in m19-22 could be better, want more doubles on some vocals. difficulty is ok

Star(who_cares973) [+?] - gap early, rhythms in m19-21, m47-54 could be better

Starwolf (Genocide101) [-] - offsync at parts, ONS, stream pattern

Sting Chameleon! (SulferDragon) [+?] - ok but double placement could be better, more PR patterns at parts(for the guitar and base)

Sword Strike (ElectricWerewolf) [++] (9) - nice rhythm/d-placement

SYNiC (Arcsynth) [+?] - a bit awkward patterns, some rhythms could be better, blanks are too long, want 32nds m16, m52, m88 as well

SYNiC [eastsideman09] [+] (8) - felt a bit understepped, but fine for this difficulty

Tell Me a Story [Compendium Mix] (Ataraxiate) [+?] - potential 3-framers, 32nd spins, blank at m26-27, and felt bursts and doubles are a bit inconsistent.

The Beggining of Time (sticklydude) [?] - off at parts (esp. yellow/purple ones), weird double placement

The Entertainer-(behanjc) [+] (8)

The Final Hour(who_cares973) [?] - stream patterns

The Frequency(who_cares973) [?] - gap early, m17 is off, missing 1 note on 32nds in m52, overall rhythms/patterns could be better

The Lunatic Princess-(behanjc) [-] - no file

The Pants Of Eternal Darkness(who_cares973) [+?] - a bit repetitive and inconsistent in difficulty, missing the last note

Theme of the Dragoon Knights (SulferDragon) [+?] - want more doubles

Toono youkai zensen-(behanjc) [+?] - doubles on melody at m28-44 would be better, others are fine

Toph's OP Remix (ElectricWerewolf) [?] - rhythms seem to be correct but I didn't enjoy it due to the kinda unclear song

Twilight Techno (whocares973) [-] - no need for easier V2

UGS (psycho) [+?] - understepped at some parts, other parts are alright

UNTITLED - cyrx900 [?] - 12th jacks, overdone at parts, stream pattern, bursts are inconsistent

Vanity Angel (bluguerrilla) [+] (8)

Vertex GAMMA (Silvuh) [+?] - overdoubled at parts, want less jacky 24th/32nd patterns

Virtual Emotion - Starfalcon176 [+?] - not bad but wanted more rhythms in addition to the main melody

WaveRip(remastered) (Silvuh) [+?] - weird stream, going for so PR? and felt the first half has almost no doubles, should be more

Waves of Opression [augustburnsba55ist] [-] - off, totally steps don't go well with the music

X-Tinction (SulferDragon) [++] (10) - fun file, good rhythms/d-placement, high-VC or low-FMO

You Wanna Me (i love you) [?] - no permission? minijack, some rhythms could be better

Last edited by Tasselfoot; 08-19-2008 at 09:58 PM..