View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 12:24 AM   #10
AutotelicBrown
Under the scarlet moon
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Find a Way Out Voting

1 - Main issue is that the ending streams are way harder than everything else. Other than that it's mainly weird layering choices and unimaginative patterns (pr is mostly fine but very literal). The long intro with no notes kinda sucks as well, it takes way too long to pick up.

2 - No reason to not step the clap during the intro. Nothing against going full icyworld with js but the hihat 16ths before the continuous stream seems to have some inconsistencies. The chart has no sense of nuance but the build up early one wasn't too bad.

3 - Intro was ok though very wrong pr-wise and some weirdness when the layered vocals started to mix with other instruments. Not much nuance otherwise but patterning was serviceable for the jumpstreamy parts.

4 - Good intro aside from the sudden switch in layering. It was particularly interesting to see the secondary voice stepped. Definitely the most polished one and conceptually similar to 3, though not cutting early didn't work in its favor. The white note usage seemed a bit unnecessary and the section with practically only hands really drags.

5 - It's not as bad as 1, but also suffers from the streams being way harder than everything else. I'm all in for going with an easier approach, but for that difficulty curve I'd at most consider using strictly single note 16th streams with patterns leaning on the easier side. Also worth noting that the poor PR is particularly jarring going with an easier approach.

Can't really say I particularly like any of the files, but I think overall 4 is the best one.

Last edited by AutotelicBrown; 02-26-2020 at 12:25 AM..
AutotelicBrown is offline   Reply With Quote