View Single Post
Old 10-2-2016, 10:45 AM   #67
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: The Presidential Debates

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
If you work in politics, especially if you intend to run for President of the United States, foreign -policy experience- is one thing, basic knowledge of the foreign world is another.

I can't name the elected leader of most countries in the world either, but I'm also not running for President.
this is true, but it has nuances. after watching the original clip again, though, it's worse than i remembered, and now i'm inclined to agree.

he had to pick a world leader he respects, which narrows the set he can pick from, because he also needs to know why. the impression that gives me is that most foreign leaders aren't quite radical enough for his tastes, or something. but unlike syria where it looked like his mind was just doing some kind of cache miss, having exactly zero leaders off the top of your head and needing your running mate to bail you out is baaaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
i think ideologically he's a wash. at least for me, and probably for most people.

republicans and dems are each going to agree with about half of what he believes in, and disagree with the other half.
i've been secretly hoping that republicans flock to johnson because of the parts they'd tend to agree with. most of the bernie bros i know have not been people who are taking to johnson, and will likely vote for hillary now, though i have one friend in particular who thinks it might not matter either way because trump might not be allowed to touch things in a trump presidency. still unwilling to chance that myself, though.
inDheart is offline   Reply With Quote