Thread: FFR Suggestions
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 12:50 AM   #1952
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Suggestions

Okay, I have two suggestions regarding certain pages on the site. I'll put them in spoiler tags because I don't want my post to appear too large:

As you can see here, the majority of everything on this list is completely useless as of today.

Advertising Inquiry - this is completely irrelevant and useless as of now
My Band Wants In - band widgets aren't made anymore, and there is a thread for permissions
Subscriptions - don't even exist anymore
Merchandise - doesn't even exist anymore
Site Feedback - what this whole forum that I'm posting this in is for

As far as everything else goes, it could most likely be asked in a thread and answered there. I personally believe more relevant selections need to be added, or that the contact us page is removed entirely if it really isn't used. It is EXTREMELY dated and needs to be revised.

As a blatantly obvious suggestion, please remove one of these circled sections. They are the same thing, and really one of them is all that is needed. I would recommend removing the top one, especially if you consider what I am about to suggest next.

For my more intense suggestion, I feel that this page is extremely dated and doesn't reflect the full picture of user contribution on FFR. Currently there are five categories of contributors, and one of them is a moderator of something that doesn't even exist anymore! I feel that several more categories should be added, pretty much spanning any custom user group other than FFR players, or FFR veterans. I'll list a few just to get my point across:

FFR Admins
FFR Super Moderators (divide this up into forum / profile / etc moderators, unless you want this to be a special global moderator category).
Video Chat Moderators (it has one person, and they can't even moderate video chat considering it doesn't exist)
Multiplayer Moderators
FFR Music Producers

ADD things like:
FFR Simfile Authors
Developers (not the dev admins, but the people like qqwerf)
FFR Difficulty Consultants
FFR Simfile Judges
Forum Moderators
Profile Moderators
Chat Moderators
Radio Admins
Game Managers
Event Staff (Manager(s), helpers, etc)
...and whatever else I missed while I was looking around for other usergroups / titles.

People could be a part of multiple groups if they qualified, and it would be a much greater representation of the overall community help FFR gets. At the moment it doesn't show nearly the full scale of how many people actually have a part in the growth of FFR, and I really think that it should.

Also FFR Vets show up as FFR Elite Supporters on the credits pages, which is obviously incorrect. So change that as well if you do decide to take my suggestion please.

Hopefully something is done about this, especially with the FFR credits page, because I really feel that is particularly important.