Old 09-28-2019, 05:09 PM   #748
DarknessXoXLight
sonder
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to DarknessXoXLight
Default Re: 12th Official Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
To the bolded section - and to all players this applies to: that's 100% the fault of the player in question. If you're incentivized to participate only through a prize and not to compete/perform to the best of your capabilities against other people in your division, the only one to blame here is you.
This is a pretty self-serving argument and one that holds no weight whatsoever. Believe it or not there are players motivated to perform well in tournaments for reasons other than assessing their skill level relative to others, like you. Some players, surprisingly apparently, are interested in the tangible prizes. There are many, MANY players that set top 8 as a goal specifically to maximize their token output, and not so much to say they're top 8 in their division. And when those players already have vROFL, they're not motivated to invest the time required to place higher given there's no personal utility for them in doing so. There aren't many competitions that disclose prizes at a point where 80% of the competitors have already been eliminated, and saying 'well you should've tried harder just for the sake of competition' doesn't really cut it as a valid counterargument. Sorry if that's a difficult concept to grasp, though I don't know why you're responding with such authority given you're not the manager of this tournament anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
Prizes can be added at any given time during a tournament, especially with people donating things and things that may still be in the works. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you're joining a tournament you should be playing to the best of your ability to begin with if you aren't why even bother signing up at all? Surprises make things fun, people enjoyed these things being revealed during our live streams. I apologize if you didn't enjoy that aspect, but for a good chunk of those in it, they did.

I will never be able to make people happy 100% of the time. This was my decision, so I guess be upset with me if you'd like to. But there will be other OTs in the future to achieve it. The other prize tokens added will be available during other events on the site as well.
I don't care about donated prizes from users, of course those are going to come in on a rolling basis. I care about the officially sanctioned prizes offered by the site, which should have been announced at the start of the tourney. And the difference is that the people viewing the stream previews are mostly in the subset of players still in the tournament, so of course they're going to be receptive. This doesn't affect them. I know factually there are many players that agree with what I'm saying and just haven't posted anything because they know the potential shitstorm that will start, and they don't want to deal with that. Rob even told me not to post. But I really don't care, I find this extremely unethical.