View Single Post
Old 09-4-2022, 12:38 PM   #10
loftyb
Dump Judge
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Describing stepping/mapping styles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
The goal is to reduce labelling, such as "you're a technical stepper" or "you're an artsy fartsy stepper."
Yeah, okay, except these stigmas don't even exist anymore. The problem with purist technical charters ISN'T that people aren't seeing what they are doing as having creative merit (tons of players I know put old-school tech charters at the top of their tier lists) it's that purists were, and STILL ARE, apparently a fucking decade later than they should have initially realized this, too stuck in their ways to see games are lame and boring when they don't align to the player bases abilities. Old heads are staying and getting better. Cater to them. FFR is not blowing up. You aren't going to see an influx of new people coming to this game any time soon. The chance came and went.

What people are able to do in vsrgs, with modern builds, kbs, specs etc are far beyond what people were able to do when "additive" charting rules were thought up and written down. In fact, even in like 2007 people uprated the fuck out of everything because the files were too easy. Soon charters realized this and just started moving to speedcore, grindcore, breakcore, and other lame ass genres as "jokes" to try to fit to a meta which was becoming outdated AS EARLY AS A DECADE AND A HALF AGO.

In my experience, most modern players play rhythm games because they like to listen to good/interesting music (subjective but w/e I can generalize if I want to) and because they like to challenge themselves. You realize that having a MSD (though subjective) of 28+ isn't uncommon right? A dime a fucking dozen. Almost 700 players could come to FFR and literally SDG with relative ease most of the 90+s in this game?

You're missing a shit ton of context here, and I can't help but feel that you being criticized ALONG with the dump thread being a thing got you ticked off, and that this thread was born of that emotion. Dumping is the only thing that needs to be reframed NOT technical charting. All technical charters need to do is get a grip.

Last edited by loftyb; 09-4-2022 at 12:42 PM..
loftyb is offline   Reply With Quote