Thread: DotA 2
View Single Post
Old 12-3-2012, 03:29 PM   #42
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24
Default Re: DotA 2

Honestly, it takes a LOT of time to get good at DotA. I had easily over 1000 games played on the Warcraft engine and I'm already at 401 wins on DotA 2. That doesn't even cover all the games I have watched which probably number in the 3000s. Even with all of that experience, I am still just another average player.

I went back to League after a year with one game in between that time and still had enough skill to be decent. The skills you get in DotA don't translate seamless to LoL, but there certainly is a connection.

Just give it some time. Play the bots or group up with friends. You need to get a pretty good feel for the game before you criticize your skills too harshly. I'd suggest either playing one hero over and over until you get the hang of them or completely exposing yourself by randoming and trying to play any role.

The meta game has certainly changed since I first started, but if you can deal with the mild initial learning curve, you'll be alright. Like I said, give it some time, you'll get the hang of it.

-o24

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline   Reply With Quote