View Single Post
Old 05-2-2013, 01:04 AM   #1
DragonIIDX
Not dragon, but dinosaur
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to DragonIIDX
Default The Lion King Musical

I know this should probably be in the media section, but since people rarely ever even look there, I thought it would be more noticeable here... anyways, I know it's a lot of reading, but being the die hard Lion King fan I am, I'm obviously going to say a lot about how I felt about it...

I just got back from watching The Lion King Musical in Appleton, WI. I live in Green Bay so it was only a 25 minute drive for us. Everything about it was amazing! I'm not a fan of musicals, but since it's The Lion King, I just had to see it, and this is probably one of those once in a lifetime things, so I went. It was a little bit different than the movie which is actually a good thing, cause it made it more interesting to see a different version of it. I also thought all of the arrangements were really well done! I WOULD know because I own Rhythm of the Pride Lands, The Lion King 2: Return to Pride Rock, etc. so I thought it was really cool how they included and re-arranged songs from Rhythm of the Pride Lands, and since I know every song by heart on it. The overall story was very similar but some parts were a little different, and extended like the scene when Scar wants Nala to be his queen. That scene would obviously be too dark for a rated G Disney movie among others, so it was kind of like a grown-up version of the movie. I don't want to give away too much, but since The Lion King is my #1 favorite movie and movie soundtrack ever, this was the greatest thing to hit the theater for me, and I'm not a theater type person. I did also tear up a little when Mufasa dies and when the music plays when Simba ascends Pride Rock like I always do in the movie. I know, I'm a wimp. I loved it equally as much as I do the movie. I would highly recommend it to any Lion King fan!

I've also bought some souvenirs which are in the pic below. I got a black t-shirt, key-chain, and a large Simba plush. I also got a poster signed by the cast members for donating $20 to the cancer fund. Key-chain is not shown since it's on my car keys, but it's black and has a yellow outline of Simba with a rainbow mane. I should have bought the soundtrack too, but it was way too crowded and stuff. I guess I could get it from Amazon or something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clasko1000 View Post
banned for having an affair with peach
Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
d-guy and d-guy skype pals 10/15/13
Simfiles Updated 11/30/13

Last edited by DragonIIDX; 05-2-2013 at 01:40 AM.. Reason: info plz
DragonIIDX is offline   Reply With Quote