View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 01:13 PM   #29
Writhz
Look ma, one hand!
FFR Veteran

Default Re: How would life change if there was no war or suffering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emithith View Post
you guys seem to be looking at this in a way of if YOU didn't have to. But what about on a larger scale: If it never existed in the first place. There is probably a chance alot of us wouldn't even have been born, due to things being so radically different.
Assuming you believe in all aspects of evolution, not only would none of us exist, but I don't think animals would have developed as they did. I mean, you can't have carnivores if eating another creature causes it harm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sky View Post
Try this world would be a lot better without war and suffering. Peace on earth. No suffering as sickness and all? I guess you would be referring to. Life would be grand. We would actually have an economy. Not wasting billions of dollars on war efforts spiraling into debt. Everything would be better. People who are driven to war and suffering should check into a mental institute. They need help. lol
I don't really know how this is a response to my post, but it's not as simple as there is no human-caused suffering thus there is world peace. The original question didn't mention sickness, so I assume it's still plausible as well as famine and societal decay. Also, if there was no greed, then there would be no "economy." Most likely we would only gather enough resources to provide for our survival. But, if I took a step back and thought, "Well what if there was an economy," I'd say it would be pretty lacking since war and greed are what drive the economy to get the most done.
Writhz is offline   Reply With Quote