View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 01:13 AM   #125
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney

How can you say you know you won't get better, when the crux of your complaint appears to be "I keep getting better, just at inopportune times with regards to tournaments"

If the tournament had been when you were at the top of D5 you could have won.
If the tournament had been when you were at the top of D4 you could have won.

If anything, it seems like your issue should be that "major" tournaments happen so rarely that you can't guarantee you won't be near the top of a division at the time one happens.

There -have been times- you've been at the top of a division, just by definition. You just don't recall having access to a big tourney any time during those periods, and I get why that's extremely frustrating. but the alternative is to let people play in lower divisions for full prizes, and why wouldn't a D4 or 5 or 6 player just say "I think I should be in D 3 or 4 or 5" and be completely unbeatable?

Divisions are a way to sort players without having to do a deep analysis of their entire score history every time you want to do a tournament. Because each division is a range, people will be at the top and bottom of that range.

I would LOVE for you to be able to do a tournament against only other level 83 players, but we have too few players for that level of granularity, and I get the impression that if at the start of the tournament you were 83 and your opponent was also 83, but by the end you were still 83 and they were 86, we'd probably have this same conversation again.