View Single Post
Old 05-7-2012, 07:58 PM   #24
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Community Pack Summer 2012 (Submissions Open)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynary Fission View Post
YES. FINALLY. I've been waiting for this to open for a while. :3 A question, Gundam - does having one 4-key chart but having one or two solo charts meet the 2+ chart requirement, or does each mode need to have 2 or more charts?
2+ 4key charts are absolutely mandatory. I don't care how many 6key charts you have since this pack is centered around 4key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
-How are pad charts handled? Could a simfile with only pad charts be accepted?
Pad charts I will accept -only- as easier difficulties. Your main chart must be a file intended for keyboard spread play. I encourage to experiment with stepping easy keyboard spread charts to allow beginners to ease into the game much more smoothly—pad charts are very limited to what they can teach for spread gameplay after all.

Quote:
-Are you (Mr. Gundam) the pack's sole judge? Could you post a rough set of criteria?
I have always been the sole judge for these packs

My criteria is based on both file flow, structure, and most importantly whether or not I see the file appeal to certain target audiences. I do not care much for technical errors as long as the file flows well and can be enjoyed by the aforementioned audiences. Only blatant objective errors such as incorrect offset and/or incorrect, unintentional note usages will be my main concern in terms of technicality. Overall, I'm reasonably lax, so my standards are not high at all in order to truly involve the community into these projects. Anybody and everybody can submit to these packs.

Quote:
-Is there a song length minimum or maximum?
No, however I'll note that files that are 40 seconds or less will be judged stricter. People try to sneak in short files like these all the time and unless I'm cool with the file, I'm not going to judge them with my normal, lax criteria. Anybody can shit out a 20 second file and frankly I don't see any effort being put forth into them most of the time. It also takes up unnecessary file queue space, which is crucial considering the volume of submissions I receive everytime I do these packs.

Quote:
-Do you prefer any type of music file format?
Anything goes as long as it's compatible with SM.

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)

Last edited by Gundam-Dude; 05-7-2012 at 08:02 PM..
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote