Thread: fuck Georgia
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 10:00 PM   #135
the sun fan
FFR Player

Default Re: fuck Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
Then why does everybody who is responsible for anti-abortion legislation not give a shit about the child once it is born?

This is what gives lie to the "protecting life" idea.

In -no state at all- is support for "banning abortion" even at 25%. it is NOWHERE NEAR a majority view ANYWHERE. And yet the people pushing the narrative of "We're just protecting innocent human life" are the same people locking children in cages (Another one died in government custody just the other day), bombing innocent children in foreign countries, refusing to take even a single step to safeguard schoolchildren from mass shooting after mass shooting.

They cannot, with anything even vaguely approaching a straight face suggest they actually care about -life-

They care about preventing a class of people from exercising control over their own bodies.
you just can't convince me that the lower classes are voting to subjugate women (post-edit; you can't convince me that their primary motivation is to subjugate women, and not to protect the lives of the unborn); they just, overwhelmingly, have to feel like abortion is murder.

I am not disputing that they don't care about life after its born, at least in the sense that you mean it, but I just cannot be convinced that a large majority of people believe in the subjugation of women being achieved from barring women from achieving legal abortions. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

The part about preventing a class of people from controlling their bodies is the thing where I think we come pretty close to saying the same thing here; its not about "subjugating women" for so many people, its about "protecting the most vulnerable" or what have you.

EDIT: Honestly, this is part of why we're so divided right now imo. We're staring at the other side calling each other baby-murderers and sexists when I don't think that's either motivation here, at least not for the vast majority.

Again, I agree with people here. I think that its ridiculously hypocritical that many people in the pro-life movement are not the same people taking up causes for protecting life after it has been born, but are the ones doing so before.

I just think that we're staring at the other side with the wrong idea.

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

Last edited by the sun fan; 05-16-2019 at 10:31 PM..
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote