View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 06:49 PM   #13
DourGent
FFR Player

Default Re: XingRen's Megapack Vol.1

Decent amount of files, even if I don't like the song choice in the slightest, gonna check it out. Might be pleasantly surprised.

Protip for sorting out name formats in SM: If you're just wanting to put Japanese text in (and don't want to put in the effort to actually format it to read Japanese) Arrow Vortex supports Japanese text formatting by default if you name the file in there.

Proprotip: Don't step Camellia.

Edit: Aestivalis is off sync by a very, very noticeable amount (Enough to make it almost unplayable)

So is ArkLight:

Beautiful Loli thing is too, but its not noticeable during play unless you're playing for MA. Not nearly as big of an issue

Chip of Notes, too:

Gonna stop taking screenshots because it's kind of annoying to sort them out to post here and there's a fair few files off sync, so I'll just list the ones with sync issues, be it major or minor.

Aestivalis: Major sync issues

ArkLight: Major sync issues

beautiful loli thing: Very minor sync issues

Chips of Notes: Noticeable but not horrible sync issues.

Chiptune: Very minor sync issues

Chuutokakusei Deidori-mu: Very minor sync issues

Cut The Original Song: Very minor sync issues

End time: Synced perfectly

Fire in the Phoenix: Basically synced correctly. The desync here would not affect the file play-ability in the slightest.

Go is God(?): Minor sync issues

Goku RakuJoudo: Slight syncing issues (Especially noticeable at the start)

Goodbye Heaven: Sync seems perfectly fine. There's some ghost 8ths at the start that don't fit though.

GyudonNami: Slightly off sync, may be noticeable to better players.

Haikei Dopperugenga: On sync and has no issues with ghost notes. gj

HENTAI BREAK: Slightly off sync.

HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYA(Restep): Off sync. VERY Noticeabe

If I Could Be You: Very slightly off sync. Would not be an issue in-game even when going for MA (but they may find themselves hitting a tad early)

Kill 'em all: The desync in this is very, very small. I had to zoom in pretty far to see it. Not noticeable until you zoom fairly far, so it shouldn't be an issue

Knife (Arrange Ver.): Synced properly.

I'm not going to do the rest because I can see a trend appearing in this so I'm just gonna give you some advice:

You... almost never set an offset. The sync issues are almost all caused by the lack of a correct offset (or lack of an offset at all), so I recommend you learn how to sort out offsets in files.

Will still try the files during my next session, but the sync issues in some files are very evident however the ones that are synced properly may be fun. (Though I hate handstream and js so I'll probably not enjoy them, someone else might)

EDITEDIT: Yeah the sync issues are noticeable when playing for MA...

EDITEDITEDIT: Played through the pack, did not enjoy it at all. The song choice is not for me (That "vibro" chart triggered me hard), but it could be fun for someone else.

Last edited by DourGent; 02-20-2018 at 01:53 AM.. Reason: Added score
DourGent is offline   Reply With Quote