Synthlight
Administrator
Founder, System Administrator
AdministratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: What's happening in here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=124197

The above thread, the gold standard for obtaining permission, specifies "FFR is a free-to-play website and does not earn any money from these songs."
Every permission I have gotten has used a variant of that email. Artists are agreeing with that condition in mind. I know I am not the only person who uses this form when contacting artists.
If this isn't what you intended, then I can personally assure you, many of the files we have in the game are completely illegal.
This is something you need to explain much more clearly.
That is fair enough. I am only going by what I setup when I ran the site. Someone wrote that thread under permission from someone else and it is what it is. That just means that if we did take a different direction, there would need to be some serious footwork done on the songs gathered since that was said. Like was mentioned, you can augment through micro transactions. Just keep in mind that going down that path is a completely different mindset. Will it be filing as non-profit? Do we need a lawyer on retainer? S-Corp? Who is responsible for banking and or paying an accountant? How is the money used?

Cheers,

Synthlight (I keep forgetting to add this.. It's been awhile.)