View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 02:10 PM   #196
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

(had to fix cause I'm half out of it thinking I was in easy batch)

You know, I have to make another comment here. When I came in I forgot it's only been 3 months since we put the easy batch up. When this batch started AJ single-handedly went through everything and got it done promptly, was keeping up with fixes, conditionals, etc and here people are bashing.

I remember when this started and we went through things and hit that wall again of "oh gosh all this stuff is like the same level as always" or "people aren't listening and following the guidelines, this is throwing everything off" I watched as people told others to bypass the normal batch to toss things that would be completely irrelevant into this batch so it would be "judged faster" These are all things that slow US down and make it harder to bring you a high-quality tournament in a timely manner.

What we do here takes a lot of time, over the last what? 8 years since I became officially staff here plus all the stuff we'd done on Dragon's fury before that. He and I have spent countless sleepless nights, put off other things to get things done here, so many unpaid man-hours. All because we had so much love for this game and community surrounding it. He may get mad at me for saying, but hearing how incredibly defeated and upset AJ sounded after reading the things here really broke my heart. The community he poured his heart and soul into just ripped him apart like nothing ever done meant a thing.

Hate us or love us, but at the very least show a little more respect. From now on if there's an issue or you're unclear on the goings-on PM one of us (well I guess me now because this was the final nail for AJ), reach out on Discord or even ASK here before popping off making assumptions, please.
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote