View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 04:20 PM   #3983
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

This part is incomplete, but still a dickload of content.

Lots of talk at the beginning of this day is once again about the night actions and whether or not Boomer took the shot. This was also the discussion of night killing mechanics (i.e. when two people shoot at the same time), so I breezed through this because most mechanical talk is NAI.

FLURRY
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Flurry View Post
In practice, we can just ignore all the mechanical stuff and try to:

A) Find wolfy things.
B) Figure out if we can filter out more townies.
C) Try to find a potential 2nd wolf for the Vigi
Aside from Phil, was one of the first ones to step away from the mechanics discussion and focus on their plan for the day. As for how they follow this, we’ll see the rest of the day.

Quote:
lots of reads on Molly
This is the list that first turned me around for Flurry. Even though they’re wrong, I do think the way they dissect this was from a good mindset. The “overjustification” point felt new and refreshing from all of the other people scumreading Molly. They do this in complete opposition to Chief and asks the thread to clarify why Chief is actually wolfy. Since there’s no cover intentions here for Chief, this ends up looking much nicer than it did when I first saw it.

Quote:
I'm more comfortable with a wolf Molly than a wolf Chief at the moment.

I feel like Chief may not be expressing himself ideally for what he could be doing.

Basically, he's not looking as good as he could be because he's not filtering himself.

At least, that's how it seems to me at first glance.
See here for more good vibes about the Chief thing I just mentioned.

Quote:
Looks like me isoing Molly is terribly timed by Molly leaving until later tonight.

Anyone wants to iso Rolf or Maple ?
Kinda weak on the effort side, but they’re at least expending effort trying to get reads on all of the players instead of just focusing on Molly.

Quote:
Rolf's iso looks pretty independant and mixed with technical posts about how scenarios could have been unfolding.

I'm not really seeing anything wolfy there.

Interesting take early game.

This might be something that got overlooked despite how I gave a town read to Tank from Cherry's iso.

I'd town lean Rolf despite not quoting much from him.

Overall, I think his posts are unique and natural.
They did the ISO on Rolf after some prodding by Cherry! I don’t like how little effort is placed into here though for gathering quotes. They give Rolf a town lean by saying one of his takes was interesting and that his callout of Tank is notable. Not really feeling anything else here, though.

Quote:
If there's something going on between Tank, Apollo and Rolf; I think it's more late game stuff. The world where they're all town is quite possible as of now.
Hi, it’s me, late game!

CHERRY
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Cherry View Post
wrong country too, you're way off what what

i need to do some isos but i still like chief for today's lynch
Signaling agreement to Phil that Chief was a good option for the day. Probably nothing. I don’t remember seeing Cherry talk too much about Chief, but Chief was always sketchy, so it doesn’t stand out in particular.

Later, Cherry’s first ISO is on Tank again. They’re concerned with Tank/Apollo considering how hard Tank was defending Apollo’s big beak energy.

Cherry is consistently “don’t claim” with several aspects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Cherry View Post
hey julian please give thoughts on today's lynch and also in general what what
Cherry also poking at people to discuss their lynch options after putting Chief on the front of their vote. They are being pretty active and on top here, asking both Maple and Julian for their reads without expending their effort to join them on Chief. No recruitment for the Chief lynch feels pretty good, especially knowing now that Chief is town.

FAUNA
After a rather lackluster D0/D1, Fauna finally drops a pretty detailed reads list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Fauna View Post
big reads list.
I still have similar problems with the reads list that I do now. Their read on Tank is very, very vague (frustrating to read, but doesn’t specify any points that they agree with).
Their read on Phil has them town lean, but calls them never scum.
The read on Flurry is almost as vague as the read on Tank. They mention the Julian/Flurry spat, but really nothing within it.
Agent S’s read is in the null territory, and says that his plays have been super towny but UTR.
However, the reads in the wolf piles seem to be much more specific. Rolf’s part is about them not following up questions, Apollo’s read is about him becoming more involved but is undecided if his involved presence was to skim off any scum reads, Chrissy and Chief also had extensive reads. Their definite wolf pile in Molly/Mathilda is unfortunately very wrong, but that’s just hindsight talking to me.
The townreads here don’t feel all that great. I wonder if this is one of those reverse POE situations where they focus on their wolf reads and then just fill in the towns backwards. Interesting strategy, but I still feel like the town reads are so weak and flimsy. Seriously, go read the points on Tank and Flurry and tell me how you feel. If Fauna is wolfing, I wouldn’t be surprised if they gave an easy town clear to one of these two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Fauna View Post
My style of play has always been more observational at the start so I get it, but also, did you miss my reads list or did you choose to ignore it? I’d love your thoughts on it.

Also noticed you have Agent S on your nulls like me. So in the interest of figuring out a slot

Agent, if you couldnt pick Julian, molly or mathilda, who would you lynch and why?
Fauna is pushing Agent S to read more. I know I mention in Agent S’s section about a possible partnership here, but I feel like this is slowly falling apart.
Fauna makes an updated “here’s where I am post” that just gets rid of Mathilda from their scum pile, votes Mathilda, and puts potential leads on Cherry, Phil, and Apollo to look after in the future.

AGENT S
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Agent S View Post
So a few things:

I agree with Julian that the wolf pool is a little large. My take, if you punt Chrissy back to null for inactivity, and Chief for tone-reads, you basically end up with the same wolf pool as mine with exception to Molly being null and Julian being wolf lean.

Although in the grand scheme of things, Julian has been feeling a bit better for me. Still somewhat conflicted, but it's slowly moving into a confused town world for me similar to Flurry, but more bad plays and less confused.

Everything else on the reads list sounds more or less right. Still wanting to do an iso of Punchy & others today.
This is in response to Fauna’s reads list. He states wanting to do an ISO of me and others, but the big thing to look at here is that they’re agreeing with Fauna’s reads list. There’s a chance that Agent S is the partner that Fauna put in their reads list as lower to not look like they were just townreading everything. However, this is just a chance, and I think this post from Agent S is generally fine since they’re thinking about all of their own reads and establishing that mindmeld thing. This is also the first time I really feel that Agent S is stepping out of his tunnel zone. I would say this is generally good for Agent S?

Quote:
Finished Iso on Punchy. I really like it.

Ever have one of those moments where you get your favorite bag of potato crisps, open it up, and then immediately inhale bag contents and get high from it?

That's what it felt like to me, reading Punchy's long posts. I'd be comfortable sitting Punchy in my town pile alongside Cherry.
They only pointed out one point of mine and gave me this townread. Weak!

Quote:
And I still think that with 4 wolves, there could be at least 1 wolf that's putting in effort and actually posting & keeping up with the game. And that in itself contrasts with what majority of players have down in their reads, with most reads wolf leaning or straight wolf reading people who either aren't posting a ton, posting but not contributing, or are majorly inactive.

With all of that taken into consideration though, I still think a Molly or Mathilda lynch pushes town in a positive direction for the game as a whole, as it removes possibility of wolves hunkering down with inactivity, and keeps active players that will attempt solving the game, in the fray.
This seems to contradict with itself ever so slightly, considering he’s still pushing for inactives after saying there’s one active poster. Noticeable, but probably on the null side after dwelling on it for a bit.

APOLLO
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Apollo View Post
i don't get what you mean here.
Are you saying you can't understand our reason for doing things or you don't understand how we go "I'm Apollo and I'm doing x because y"

Why did you guys assume that Molly was the majority and not even mention Mathilda? From what I remember Mathilda has been scum read but everyone since like d0

I don't understand everyone's hate with tanks posts. They're easy to read. Y'all just some haters
Their first catch-up post near EOD doesn’t really add anything, now looking at this in retrospect. The point against Flurry is just for clarification, the point about Molly/Mathilda really means nothing, and they come back in and defend Tank again.

Quote:
Chief to me comes off as a caught wolf. To avoid divulging information they accept their loss and take the L to not reveal any more connection to wolf partners. One question though. If you have chief as a wolf lean because he isn't defending himself doesn't that also apply to Molly and to an extent Mathilda? I know Mathilda came in afterwards and threatened to claim a role but that doesn't apply to this post.

Why not keep all three together in wolves or all three I. Wolf lean?
This is a rather odd response to Fauna’s reads list. It doesn’t point to anything specific aside from the wolf reads. They completely avoid talking about them and focus directly on recruiting people to vote for Chief. They point out that it’s odd Chief isn’t further down on their list. Ok? I don’t really see what the problem is here.

Quote:
I remember reading a post by Mathilda that mentions something that I thought was interesting but I couldn't find it.

They said that there must've been a wolf in the top picks for the shot because if not then wolves had no reason to block the shot because a town would almost guarantee another town kill.

I like this and it comes off towny for me
Of all the reads they’ve made, I do like this one. They spent some time earlier not liking Mathlida, but this shows a nice change of mind after doing some more research. It’s a town read that has effort to it, unlike some of their other points. They did probe people asking about Tank’s read on them and whether or not it was lazy. I’m not sure of their intent here asking about it openly, but it is one of those “ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT ME?!” posts. Not going to let that point take down what I like about this post, though.

Quote:
So I started doing an iso on chief and the first couple of posts and his interactions with Zucker are pretty weird.

Zucker comes in like I would expect a typical rp post to be but chief out of the gate comes gunning for Zucker accusing him to be the acqui. Zucker naturally is confused and chief keeps at it and then goes on to talk about eating him

Why would you accuse Zucker right out of the gate to be the acqui? Did something happen in the wolf chat that would push you to think he had been acquisitioned?
The irony here in the last part is pretty hilarious. Not the fact that he was wrong, but the “accusing someone as the acq right out of the gate” part.

Quote:
This is super lazy. You have 5 nulls, a wolf and a bunch of town leans. You didn't even give Phil or Eugene a designation.

Posts like this are what make me think you don't really care about solving the game
This is right after Flurry asked for people to read into additional ISOs. Poor timing, but if Apollo ignores her other posts, it might be something to look into (spoilers: it’s not)
Apollo follows up by calling the reads lazy.

Quote:
If chief flips wolf is start looking more at agent S for the defense around this time when he's a top lynch
Quoting for longevity.

Quote:
Rolf is to help me solve other people that I still have nagging issues with. But if I were to rate chief and Rolf on a scale of 1-10 based on how much I want them lynched chief would be an 8 and Rolf would be a 2.

I would be worried if Rolf became a wagon out of nowhere though
Also quoting for longevity, but this could set up a potential bus for Rolf?

PHIL
Phil’s presence D2 has been very understated. There was a ton of his posting towards the beginning about people not getting mechanics, but I didn’t see too much happening. He could be coasting off of his town read status at this point, but here’s his first real entrance into the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Phil View Post
Feels like if rolf is a wolf, his partners are doing an excellent job of ignoring him
Not much discussion of the day had been focused on Rolf, so this is an okay mention.

Quote:
Has chief done anything yet
Back to Chief time. Not much else done here aside from trying to find out who Cherry is.

Quote:
everyone's posting a lot more than I am, content-wise, and I feel more than kind-of guilty over it

I'm really going to try more when I have the time, this weekend is just going to be very awful for me
He votes Chrissy and then moves to this. Knowing he did the reread, I do see where the effort came in. Props to you, I’m not even going to finish this fully in this post.

Quote:
just lynch Chief/Chrissy today, imo

kill the people who are l a c k i n g
rather than anything else

it worked on zucker
Reminds me of the post yesterday’s phase about meta for being lazy. Saying “it worked on Zucker” after telling Eugene not to believe too much in statistics (as Eugene thought Boomer might have hit two vests in a row) is kinda ???tier to me.

TANK
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Tank View Post
Im getting lazy with pulling quotes but I find Apollo's flurry read believable even if I dont agree
not that I know who da fuck flurry is, supposedly the sun gawd does
also feels like Apollo is trending up in terms of caring after wolves be havin a bad time
idk I also read over Maple's big post and was jus like ... lel idt you get this guy
idt it was wolfy from maple bc they were at least tryna hunt wolves while the whole dora drama was goin
it just didnt make me wanna kill apollo more than maple still. lel
Tank’s first big post back in is focused on mostly Apollo quotes. nagl fam for this pairing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Tank View Post
i am a bit bothered by rolf reversing his read based on it. feels lazy to me, coming from someone who seems thorough
molly's read on del considering thts who she was tryna kill was stupidly vague.
the julian read is prob the best thought out one in that post but idk fam. it's also defensive
Tank does do more work. That’s nice. He makes a post about me, Molly, and Rolf here all centered around Del. He doesn’t like Rolf changing his mind on Del. Considering Del is dead at this point, they’re looking at people who pushed on him. Sorry for being wrong, I guess.