Thread: first stepfile
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 12:03 AM   #9
suicidaln00b
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: first stepfile

will throw in my 2c because bored

-assuming you used the sm5 editor to make this, download arrow vortex and use that instead because sm5 editor is SUCK
-music offset should be -0.029. that's like the first thing you should do when you open a file, change the offset because leaving it at 0 is often wrong
-there are some spots where there should be jumps when 2 violin notes are playing at the same time, like the very first note of the chart. likewise there are some places where there's only 1 violin note playing (beat 94.50 for instance) yet you stepped it as a jump. tl;dr, need to pay attention more to what the violin is doing
-starting from beat 16.00, i can't really tell what you're layering in with the hands; i would first assume that they were layering in the snare or some shit, but in that case you'd be doing so very inconsistently
-could pay attention more to what the percussion is doing in certain sections, particularly starting at 48.00 which is just straight quarter note hands/quads
-also again at 48.00 idk what you're doing with those hands
-32nd grace notes at 113.63 and 114.13 are just str8 up wrong so remove them
-conversely there are some places where you *didn't* step graces, like there should be a 32nd at 112.38 and 116.5
-overall need to revise the entire banjo section because most of it isn't really rhythmically accurate, not gonna go over every error
-idk what those 8th notes at 201.00 are going to, should prolly remove
-same issue at 241.00 with the hands, too unclear as to what sound they're going to
-at 241.00, kinda assumed you were stepping the melody with jump, but that expectation is broken at 257.50 and 258.50 which should have jumps
-some other spots where i'd expect the melody to be stepped as jumps: 284.00, 296.00, idk maybe some other spots im missing
-song basically repeats itself from beat 368.00 and to the end so you could probably cut that entire section out in audacity

tl;dr i think your layering scheme is pretty inconsistent overall, which makes it difficult to understand what sounds you're stepping
could probably layer in the percussion more to make certain sections busier
and pay attention mroe to details i guess idk l000ll
suicidaln00b is offline   Reply With Quote