View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 06:13 PM   #1876
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReikonKeiri View Post
I don't want to be given the illusion that I'm good at FGOs when I'm not. One of my favorite things to do on FFR is try for new FCs I wasn't able to get before and that would be a pointless effort if raw scoring becomes the new thing. I don't mash out FCs for the most part so each new FC proves to me that I'm getting better.

It's not a good argument I know, but it makes sense to me.
How would raw scoring give you the illusion you are good at FGO's or higher? If anything, combo scoring gives people undeserved rank boosts and the illusion of actually doing well.

Raw scoring doesn't defeat the purpose of getting FC's, but instead takes away the ridiculous weight that combo has on your rank. It would also make full combos actually meaningful skill wise, considering you would have to full combo with your best PA to obtain them in your FC bar (meaning Quickdraw and Here We Go would actually mean something).

If you don't mash FC's, then this will have very little effect on how you play FFR. The only difference it would make for you is that your average rank would improve, and you could focus on accuracy instead of combo. Considering that this is a rhythm game, how well you move to the rhythm should really be the most important factor in how you are ranked.