View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 03:18 PM   #5122
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar
Default Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (Submissions CLOSED)

Generally if a file is good, most judges should see eye to eye. But some more tricky files or unusual charts its great to have multiple judges.

Hiding the deadline from the public is a great idea. And if judges being late is a big deal, then let jx decide the appropriate consequences. I agree with Carlos though; a few days vs 1 month is nothing to be super upset about. If nobody knew the deadline, nobody would be making a huge fuss.

I do think the judges' work should be given credit though. These are people who have been around for a long time and want to keep sharing their expertise with others. It's not super complicated work, but I don't think several hours of helping judge tons of files should be dismissed. Having said that, if there's any way to fix some of the judges procrastinating, if its that big of a deal, I'd love to hear it. I'm totally guilty of this as well, but I don't skim through files and judge in 2-3 hours subjectively saying (lol ya file sucks cak bye). Some of us take several hours for even just 35 files to be sure we cover everything because like Carlos said, we take judging seriously. And I certainly hope the other judges enjoy helping out like this.

I do enjoy doing this for helping this game grow. This isn't a thing of reputation at this point.

Last edited by kommisar; 11-28-2012 at 03:21 PM..