View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 04:22 AM   #12
25thhour
I like max
FFR Veteran

Default Re: I really need your help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
It looks like you got inflicted with massive senioritis if your situation became this bad, considering you're saying that your mother is trying to kick you out.

Good luck on finding a job -- unemployment rates for ages 16-19 are around 25% according to http://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/cpseea10.htm

My suggestion is to occupy yourself so you aren't in an existential crisis. Finish the work that you need to do; don't get destroyed more by how much damage Senioritis already did. Of course, set realistic plans.

I also remember you being the person that made the thread about receiving a bad grade on an english test or something and how it felt easy. You must've really ****ed up bigtime to have your grades drop down this much.

All I can say is that you're certainly going to have a much harder time recovering now, but self-motivation here is key since it sounds like everyone is going against you. Hell even I'm self motivated to not fall into getting wrecked by laziness.
Yes, I re-wrote that english test and I got the mark back on Friday, I got high enough to stay at an "A" (87% to be exact) which relieved a great deal of stress.

I also received 101% on my calc test, which gave me a confidence boost.

I had a nice long sleep, woke up and wrote 5/10 pages of my research paper.

About my mom, she's been really controlling the past few weeks and is trying to dictate every thing I do. She doesn't want me to go into Geology, but I'm too stubborn to change so she's getting pissed.

That aside, I have relieved a great deal of stress thanks to things actually semi-working out. I just need to buckle down, finish this research paper, get my finals out of the way, and find a full-time job on the oil rigs for the summer and I believe that I will be stress free.

Thanks everyone for the help