Old 03-27-2020, 10:56 AM   #159
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
K so going to step in here and say these recent conversations are not going in a good direction and should be dropped.

Let's try to keep this thread more informational rather than a debate on sensitive topics. A lot of fuck ups have been made and there's no changing that now. Plus many of us are already stressed enough with all of this going on.

Feel free to talk about how you're doing, what's going on in your city and share recent information/developments.
Agreed on the informational part. On that note, please be sure to check what state orders are being issued in these times.

On another note, United States citizens should be on the lookout about the coronavirus stimulus checks (an excerpt I quoted below).
Quote:
Bipartisan legislation passed by the Senate on Wednesday evening — which still must be passed by the House — would provide $1,200 payments to adults with annual incomes up to $75,000, plus another $500 per child. Some Americans earning more than $75,000 would also receive money if they meet certain qualifications outlined below. For most Americans, the money is likely to arrive in April via direct deposit. Mailed checks may take longer.

Who exactly qualifies for a payment? Individuals earning up to $75,000 a year will be eligible for the full $1,200 check. Reduced checks will go out to individuals making up to $99,000 a year (the payment amount falls by $5 for every $100 in income above $75,000).

Married couples are eligible for a $2,400 check as long as their adjusted gross income is under $150,000 a year. Reduced checks, on a sliding scale, will go out to married couples who earn up to $198,000. Married couples also will receive an additional $500 for every child under 17.

People who file as a “head of household” (typically single parents with children) are eligible for a $1,200 check if they earn up to $112,500 a year. Reduced checks on a sliding scale are available for heads of household earning up to $136,500 annually. Heads of household will also receive an additional $500 per child under 17.
Also in Massachusetts, Baker mentioned in his March 25th update that schools are now closed until May 4th. For university students, they should check the latest updates on their university's site as well to see what has changed (such as cancelled events, online classes, closed offices, etc.).