View Single Post
Old 10-1-2017, 10:47 AM   #5
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: 2017 March/April Set 2 (Complete)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'm genuinely curious how something subjective, like the choice of a song, is worthy of a 4 point deduction when literally zero technical issues are expressed.

I get what you guys are saying, and my resubmitting it is me saying I disagree. I feel the file is actually very strong, very playable, and even interesting due to how specific the structure is.

The note "I feel the song choice isn't strong enough to warrant a file" does nothing for me here. And telling me to just chart something else is just. No.

The song has progression, it adds, subtracts, and flows almost like a story.

What are the actual technical issues with the chart to justify a score of six. If you cannot technically justify your score I plea that we find a judge who won't bomb the file on a subjective note alone.

I'm actually really mad I even have to make this post.
It got a 6/10, meaning that you can submit an appeal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
RATING APPEAL

Ratings that are 6 or above are eligible for a rating appeal if and only if they aren’t Accepted files. In the event that a stepartist feels a review for a file is unfair, a civil response to the primary judge can be provided with the concerns through either a PM or sending an email to ffrsubmissions (see email section at the end). A file’s rating can only stay the same or be improved through this process.
• If there is disrespectful behavior from the stepartist then the Primary Judge has the right to reject the file.
• If there is disrespectful behavior from the Primary Judge, the stepartist has the right to request a different primary judge.
• If after discussing with the primary judge the stepartist still feels a concern, the stepartist can bring the review to a different Primary Judge. Details from the review in question must be provided with adequate explanations. No more than two Primary Judges can be involved with a rating appeal.

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 10-1-2017 at 10:48 AM..