View Single Post
Old 03-10-2022, 08:08 PM   #13
Wiosna
for you, eternally
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Death Piano: A History of the chart and the current AAA

I remember losing a couple of potential top 3 raw scores (~30-40g raw) on Death Piano because it was so difficult to hold an FC on Death Piano at the time. My 1 miss score on the LBs is only there because it was the only run I've had where I FC'd all the way to the long trill. I think an alternate historical timeline of how close people were to SDG or even teens goods on Death Piano besides Dossar by analysing raw scores would be interesting to go through because I think there was progress even in 2013-2014, but that requires much deeper research into FFR score threads than what's already provided.

jakads' consistency during his AAA grind was what's most impressive to me. He was getting numerous 2g-3g runs over a span of 2-3 hours, and that kind of consistency I felt was unprecedented for a chart as difficult as DP. While it's true that most D8+ players will take most of their damage in the fast trill, and jakads had a method to AAA the long trill consistently, it's still very difficult to near-AAA the 24th trills in the midsection and ending gluts consistently. The chart is still a very technical ~105-106 without the long trill. And most players who are transitioning to FFR have lots of issues nailing technical charts without playing FFR for a long time.

jakads has shown interest in trying out FFR for longer, and given how consistent he was on even super technical charts like Death Piano without even adapting much to the game, it seems clear that he can probably clear out everything from 100-109 fairly cleanly, and even 110-112 seems doable for him given his past performances on osu!mania. The sky seems to be the limit for him.

Massive congratulations to jakads for AAAing one of the most notorious charts in the game, and big respect for donating 80% of his bounty to a group that direly needs our help.

Last edited by Wiosna; 03-10-2022 at 08:17 PM..
Wiosna is offline   Reply With Quote