View Single Post
Old 11-28-2023, 11:38 AM   #1563
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2022 albums +1000th album halp

Day 1059: It's the End of the World, But It's a Beautiful Day by Thirty Seconds to Mars

At first I wanted to review the absolute worst album of the year according to the RateYourMusic bottom charts, but the #1 spot was taken by Tom McDolan and I do not currently have the desire to listen to a racist. Then #2 was Sixixnineine and I do not currently have the desire to listen to a pedophile. Then I just didn't feel like listening to whatever 3 and 4 were and #5 was Lil Pump 2 which I already determined was fairly bad but not totally irredeemable. Nothing with Pump Rock x Heavy Metal could ever be a flat 0-1/10 that song is just too good.

Regardless, I have way too many memories of this band and their fans from my younger years, and absolutely none of these memories are positive in any way whatsoever. Also, my excuse for not listening to Pedophile Ronald McDonald is no longer valid considering that I forgot that this was Jared Leto's project... Hey, with all the 4+ word band names from this era, a mix-up is unsurprising.

Anyways, for the most part, I don't think this is THAT much worse than their peak popularity stuff, but it's still pretty fucking bad lol. For the most part it's incredibly bland electropop, but there's something about the way it's performed and/or produced that makes it quickly grow irritating. There's like 2 or 3 tracks that I'd go as nice as saying "that was nothing more than a mid pop song" but the majority of this just pisses me off, even though it shouldn't merit such a strong reaction since it's also so damn uninteresting.

Maybe my disdain for this is a subconcious reaction to the fact that I'm fucking listening to Jared Leto.

I don't really want to write any more.

Best Track: the closer was... almost okay
Rating: 2/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote