Old 11-3-2010, 02:25 PM   #40
sumzup
(+ (- (/ (* 1 2) 3) 4) 5)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to sumzup Send a message via MSN to sumzup
Default Re: Election Day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam90 View Post
the problem is that a certain policy direction needs TIME to work - i wouldn't like to see certain steps made during the dem occupation of congress be undone by republicans in their time, essentially nullifying progress in either direction
I think the Democrats will be able to block anything the Republicans try to repeal, and barring that, Obama will be able to issue vetoes that can't be overthrown (Republicans cannot get a 2/3 majority to block a veto).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I don't feel like he ever claimed they were the same or similar. He claimed that they both don't get anything done that matters to him. In which case it doesn't matter who is in power.
I'm not sure what matters to him, then. The Democrats have passed important healthcare legislation, economic reform, lowered taxes for the middle class, prevented an economic catastrophe, the unemployment rate is stabilizing and will hopefully drop soon...meanwhile, the Republicans have tried to block every legislative measure the Democrats have tried. Obama tries to be bipartisan, and the GOP spits in his face.

Also, this is a great site to find out what else Obama has done so far.