View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 11:49 PM   #2
Evnoir
_(:3」∠)_
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Playstation Velveeta

I've had PSP for about 3~4 years and I am thrilled to hear about the release of the new successor. Here are some of my thoughts on the new PSVita:

Personally, I never really dug the camera idea since it's not really a necessity when gaming.
Putting that aside though, the front touchscreen is a nice touch. It seems like Sony is trying to follow the Nintendo marketing plan by straight-up copying the DSi/3DS, but whatever. The part I don't exactly comprehend is the back touchpad. I mean, really? Is that really a necessary implementation? Game-creators are going to have to design wacky games to fully utilize that touchpad.

The design isn't all that exhilitaring either, but the dual analog stick is handy.

The one component I am completely sold on though is the new display. 5" and 960x554 for a portable gaming system is pretty sweet. On top of that, it's an OLED display. (My Cowon J3 has an OLED display and I absolutely love the clarity of it)

I might grab one of these one day once they drop in price. If this doesn't come out with successful games, I'll still get it just to watch anime on it like my current PSP :P
Evnoir is offline   Reply With Quote