View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 11:02 PM   #9
the sun fan
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG History Thread v3

TWG CXLI - SlopeFiring at the Olympics (Game Thread)
Postgame thread

Hosted by: Yoshl
Town Wins
MVP: XelNya

1. Aragaki, the RNG-sama winner
2. Jay, the Fabric Softener (wrecked night 1)
3. Lurk, the Out of Thread Comm(s) (mid killed day 4)
4. Zee, the Identity Theft (middie killed day 3)
5. Round, the Megaphone (bodied night 3)
6. Xel, the Yahagi winner
7. R, the Scrambled Eggs (lynched day 3)
8. Storn, the Turkey (lynched day 1)
9. Riot, the Red Blaster ("modkilled"/stumped day 1)
10. Reuben, the Out of Thread Comm(s) (lynched day 4)
11. Da Back, da sysadmin (wrecked night 2)
12R. james/Clown, the Qxoity (lynched day 2)
13R. choof/T, the Baker winner

Host Comments:
This game was designed to literally be about interactions. The roles largely did nothing, and were meant to be sources of discussion. I honestly did rng all the roles out, so T-Force saying that the masons have to be wolf/human was entirely false. I do think there could have been an improvement to the masons role, in which if a town mason is lynched/killed, they have the opportunity to shoot the other mason as well, if they so choose.

Also, I varied the pm style of each of the role pms, so that that would further increase the uselessness of the role pm peeks and stuff

Anyways, roles and commentary

AragakiAyase was the RNG-Sama, able to scramble up the destinations of each night action.
using rng i think wasn't the best option n1, because there was not really a need to, and that was discussed in the thread. however, when you see the night actions, you saved some bad information exposure from happening with the rng lol. Don't be discouraged with having bad reads, just after the game is over, look at your reads, and see why exactly they were bad, and where you went wrong #improving

j-rodd was the Fabric Softener, able to fabricate his own role pm. He was the only one with a night 0 action, and once that was finished, I let the baker know where his gps was pointing just btw. j-rodd chose to make this his role pm flavor text:
Quote:
You are the Fabric Softener. Once per night you will be messaged a list of 2 people, one of which will be a wolf. In addition, you will be a 2x seer and allowed to find out the full roles of 2 people in the game. You win when all threats to the village have been eliminated.
a little overpowered lol. sorry rng got you n1 that kinda sucked, i feel like you had the best grasp on the fact that there wasn't much special actually going on through what i clued in on in the opening post. i left /a lot/ of hints there, that you alone started picking up on

reuben_tate and lurker were the out of thread communication(s), who had mason nighttalk. However, they weren't aware of the alignment of the other player. gj lurker, you did everything in your power and played really well, almost off like, everyone's radar at the end. However, ben went inactive, and an excuse such as "They're posting too fast for me to keep up" is not an excuse to stop playing, or replace out. That's on you to be honest to the thread and say "i can't keep up with this shit", not me as the host to replace you out.

zenith was the identity theft, who was able to switch their current role pm flavor text around with another player as their night action.
[rant]
Zenith, after rage quitting because of very bad play that was caught by every single present player, decided to ask me for a replacement. I actually debated modkilling him right here because it was literally a tantrum that he was throwing, but i didn't. After telling him no, he calmed down. However, he made a post
Quote:
What appalls me here is how choof requested a replacement way earlier today and we are about to finish d0 without two players

that right there, is fiffer twg at its finest
and I couldn't help but get angry at how fucking hypocritical this was, so I issued a warning publicly. And finally, the clownpiece stuff happened, that was incredibly rude and totally uncalled for. And to top it all off,
Quote:
Sorry about earlier, some of it was a ruse and some of it was real, I got carried away yet again.

Don't hate me please :P
yeah, as a host, i'm actually not allowing zenith to play in any game i host. you don't tell someone brand new to quit twg. He jumped into a TWG after playing 1 jTWG, and he obviously wasn't ready. He's told me that he's completely done with ffr because of this now. seriously? "Don't hate me please :P" alright.

[/rant]

roundbox was the megaphone who was as you all saw, able to out the role pm of a selected player at the start of the day. shennanigans happened so hard with this night 1 lol. otherwise, i didn't see anything that was like horrid or A+ play, it was good play overall, idk if i could say anything notable about it
ʕ ͡•ᴥ ͡• ʔ(_̅_̅_̅FISSURE_̅_̲̅_̅_̅_̅()

XelNya was the Yahagi who had a 1 shot vigi at any point in the game. Legitimately, any point in the game. Because waifu. I actually think you played phenomenally early game, you came off as very town, in showing that you actually cared about the game. shot at the end sealed the game, MVP

rzr was the scrambled eggs who was able to scramble the destinations of all pms to be received in the night (a.k.a. the baker's info pm, and the sysadmin peek). didn't use his role, idk what he was posting, because i couldn't understand most of it lol

storn was the turkey who was able to make it so that anything that I said would be garbage, like a post to "answer" a question could have been " ʕ ͡•ᴥ ͡• ʔ(_̅_̅_̅FISSURE_̅_̲̅_̅_̅_̅() ʕ ͡•ᴥ ͡• ʔ(_̅_̅_̅FISSURE_̅_̲̅_̅_̅_̅() ʕ ͡•ᴥ ͡• ʔ(_̅_̅_̅FISSURE_̅_̲̅_̅_̅_̅()" or something. can't really say much notable about your play, i think it's like slowly approaching comprehensible levels. Again, you may understand what you're trying to say to others, but when they can't, it's better a lot of the time to just outright say what you mean, instead of trying to be cryptic or w/e

riot was the red blaster who was able to

and since he was the cheesecake, t-force/choof's gps would point towards him, and he wouldn't have a cake to give out until he died or stumped. Interesting stump, you weren't really under any pressure at all, and then you stopped playing, so welp. it ended up being town losing 2 townies that day basically

dabackpack was the sysadmin who was able to peek at someone's role pm flavor text at night. rip backpack, you will be missed. That was classic backpack human play, the fact that he stayed invested into d2 should have cleared him outright lol

james may/clown was the Qxoity who was able to change someone's flavor text to something else. Best of luck to both of you with things going on

choof/tforce was the baker, who got a cheesecake when there was none out there (riotpolice was a cheesecake), and once given to someone, that party would be notified that they had a cheesecake, and for the next night, had to either give it away to avoid going into diabetic shock, or keep it to use their own night power of whatever kind, and die of eating too much dense cheesecake. the baker also got to track the whereabouts of the cheesecake, and would immediately receive another cheesecake when the owner of the cheesecake died. gj, same stuff as roundbox i think. Definitely nothing made me think that you were playing as a wolf, however some of your logic was a little flawed

(phew)

TWG CXLII - A Storm of Hard and Boiled [Game Thread]
Postgame thread

Hosted by: _Zenith_
Town Wins
MVP: Tokzic

1 - DaBack of Packs - VT
2 - Red Blastoise - VT
3 - rzrzrzrzrzrzrzrzrzr - Wolf
4 - storn420 - Tracker/Vigilante
5 - Tokzic ayy - VT
6 - Plopadop - VT
7 - just a box that is round - Hider
8 - Clownpiece heidy - VT
9 - XelNya the gif lord - VT
10 - thesunfan of flags - Detective
11 - THE Charu - Wolf
12 - YoshL - VT
13 - 27ninjabunnies the lone bunny - Wolf

Host Comments:
Synopsis of Player Comments:
DBP: I felt you performed as your usual manner but watching you be paranoid is a bit frightening because you begin to panic and sway towards other judgement then the original conceived judgement to begin with to the point you almost forget about the original due to paranoia. Other than that, great performance! Very reminiscent of the Mystery Game.

RB: Played decent, though I really hope you didn't think you weren't going to get flamed by others since this is your first game back. Nevertheless, you didn't let it sink in as usual and put the game in front of the insults so big ups to you duder. Second Judgements are somewhat a sloppy trait as exhibited by your end of game phase posting though you guys prevailed!

rzr: Better luck next time, friend. I feel like you kind of set yourself up into your own death with a handful of your posts but some of your recoveries from some nightly posting were really good. I honestly had a feeling your intentional fighting plan with Charu wouldn't work because like he said, it truly needs to be in the moment rather than planned out because of how simplistic it can be to point out fakeness within a fight. Reread the Dichotomy Game where Tokzic and I on the last phase "fought" cleanly without it being planned and successfully took it home.

storn42: You did well by sniping rzr, didn't do anything your first night other than kill Roundbox by selecting Vigilante, and posted after your death from a lynch (unwarranted death post) with a smartass remark. I'd be careful down the road because I'm sure someone like YoshL (after dealing with myself in games) won't take that shit. Some good exchanges from you but your claim honestly seemed stupendously fake. To me, you built too much hype that it felt like you wanted them to believe it and not bat an eye, making you in a wolf format much deadlier.

Tokzic: Probably the MVP of the game in my opinion. You sealed the game in the end there and you were ever-so relentless against Charu. Besides being floaty during the beginning and halfway portions of the game, you stood solid and formidable as pseudo-bait while driving the points to seal the game for Town victory. Keep it up man! You're still one hell of a scary player when you focus on the game.

Plopadop: That Charu kill hahaha. You played an excellent game where you didn't sound robotic enough to raise suspicion while keeping such a level tone throughout the events of the game. You were almost the voice of reason and other players really needed some of your inputs to actually get the ball rolling for town. Good game and keep doing what you do!

Roundbox: You can blame storn for your death and it was extremely unfortunate that you hid behind him the first night. Nobody picked up that you did mention two people you were going to hide behind and nobody bothered to use that data point hidden in the first phase to further win the game. The game could've been over sooner and Storn wouldn't have had to almost commit suicide if they had listened to that one post.

Clownpiece: I'm not really going to say much because you drop activity in games as usual so I'm just going to give you the old pat on the back and say gg town carried you.

XelNya: Started off strong but fell off later. I felt like you exhibited a Zenith trait where at the end you were willing to sacrifice yourself to get town to win it (or horribly lose it) with more concrete evidence that it wasn't you who was a wolf. Always have fun reading you during games because you are a gif and a meme lord

Sunfan: That D1 work had me impressed. Sadly, you got sniped not only by Storn N1 but also by the Wolves. You mentioned this rarely happens in FFRTWG but it happened to you; ayy! You're always a solid player though I felt your last games were a little shaky but this one didn't show the same qualities and a more solid approach from you.

Charu: Oh man, you got pinched Snivy! I feel like you could've done it had you stated earlier that even though players were reading you softing and eventually "claiming" Vigi that you weren't the actual Vigi but you had some sort of idea on why Storn "wasn't" the Vigi after all. Even with the claim in hand, I would've at least milked a phase by claiming Wolves and You targeted the same player during a phase. Either way, you had a great game, some good duels, and big laughs!

YoshL: Replaced in as a solid player with their own opinions while having to explain several times over the opening post. Got too aggressive at some points where it was misconstrued as a personal attack on RB, and then general aggressiveness followed by YoshL's statement of "This is my typical playstyle" or a reiteration of that. Like I had said during mid game, there were other things that not only players were mentioning but also myself where I took some posts pretty aggressive (this being not you). I look forward to seeing you in the next game.

Bunnies: Yooooooo, I hope you stay and play some more even though you dropped out of nowhere and eventually died from inconsistency!

QT is located here: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/gQPXYyWgtRmfM

TWG CXLIII: SK Loses Again Game Thread
Postgame thread

Hosted by: thesunfan
Serial Killer Wins
MVP: DaBackPack

1. Vendetta21 Mafia Roleblocker Modkilled N2
2. MrPopadopalis25 Town Innocent Child Killed N2
3. XelNya Vanilla Townie Lynched D1
4. rzr Vanilla Townie Lost at Endgame
5. _Zenith_ Replaced by Rex86 D1, Vanilla Townie Killed N3
6. DaBackPack 1-shot Bulletproof Serial Killer Won at Endgame
7. roundbox Mafia Goon Killed N4
8. James May Replaced by Charu D0, Town Doctor Killed N2
9. Yoshl Vanilla Townie Killed N1
10. Red Blaster Mafia Goon Lynched D2
11. AragakiAyase Vanilla Townie Killed N4
12. choof Town Cop Killed N3
13. yo man im awesome Vanilla Townie Lynched D0

Host Comments:
What a game, friends.

That game-thread title LOL. Will post more things as it goes on, including MVP, which is very hard to give out after the game to be very honest. I think I'm obliged to give it to Backpack for obvious reasons, though.

A few things to note which may not have been obvious. rzr was warned about commenting on replacements, while Charu, who commented on the alignment of a player based on the act of replacing, lost his save the following night, which likely would've been on plop. Rex edited a post, and I elected not to modkill considering he was new, even though I said I would not have any leniency. I will gladly talk out any of these decisions, and I would prefer to do so, especially regarding my decision to take away Charu's save that night. Thankfully, choof being banned did not influence the game.

Veeeeeeeery good play from both sides, I'll talk more about this later I just wanted to get this thread up real quick.

TWG CXLIV - The Freeze Wars (Sex Live)
Postgame thread

Town Wins
MVP: N/A

1.roundbox - Human, Dedded Night 3
2.dabackpack - HUMAN WON AT END
3.Gradiant - Human, Lynched Day 1
4.KirinoKousaka - MAFIA, CONCEEDED AT END
5.Charu - Human, Dedded Night 2
6.storn42 - HUMAN WON AT END
7.Tokzic - Wolf, Dedded Night 2
8.XelNya - Mafia Movie Stalker, Lynched Day 4
9.dLGN - Human, Lynched Day 3
10.Vendetta21 - Human, Dedded Night 2
11.botchi246 - A HOMELESS GUY WON AT END
12.rzr - HUMAN WON AT END
13.Xiz - A Homeless Guy, Lynched Day 2

Host Comments:
ultra fun game to host. idk if i can really give an mvp because AA would get it, but he got wiped by a really bad mechanical play. Wolves played reaaaaaally well, and town got super lucky i think.

~

also did anyone get the flavor text "Sex Live"

try saying "CXLIV"

TWG CXLVI - Remembering Storn42
Postgame thread

Hosted by: Xiz
Serial Killer Wins
MVP: Vendetta21 & Funnygurl555

1) AragakiAyase - A Dirty Whore (Killed Night 1)
2) Hakulyte - Stephen Fry (Modkilled Day 1)
3) Botchi246 - Floofaloof (Killed Day 1)
4) J-rodd123 Gun God (Lynched Day 2)
5) Rzr Tyra Banks (Shot Night 1)
6) T-Force - Sgt. Missletoe (Lynched Day 3)
7) Roundbox - Cop (Lost)
8) Charu - Mother Forest (Lynched Day 5)
9) Dabomb2223 Dabackpack - Creeper (Killed Night 3)
10) Red Blaster - Mr. Plant (Modkilled Night 1)
11) Jtehanonymous - The Past (Lost)
12)Zenith - Missingno (Killed Night 2)
13) Vendetta21 - Ayase Aragaki (Won at endgame)
14) Danceguy117 - Mr. Stache (Killed Night 3)
15) Boss Bitch - Professor Scientist (Killed Night 4)
16) Funnygurl555 - Sir Cheesecake (Killed Night 4)
17) Storn42 - Michael Michael (Lynched Day 4)
18) DrizzleRomanceGirl - Whiteboard (Killed Night 2)

Host Comments:
Somehow V was able to not only out himself as 3rd party, but convinced town to not lynch him. He also got 2 wolves in a row in the night helping secure him the victory.
Funnygurl also played SUPER town. Really impressive play, if she didn't die to V she could have taken the game easy.

MVP split Funny/V

TWG CXLV: A Bad Joke - The 10th Edition
Postgame thread

Hosted by: AragakiAyase
Town Wins
MVP: Funnygurl555

1. dAnceguy117 Mafia JOAT, CONCEDED AT END
2. Funnygurl555 1-Shot Tracker, WON AT END
3. rzr Tracker, WON AT END
4. T-Force Mafia Goon, lynched Day 1
5. Red Blaster Serial Killer, (mistakenly) killed Night 2
6. DaBackpack 1-Shot Bus Driver, killed Night 1
7. storn42 Vanilla Townie, lynched Day 0
8. botchi246 Charu Jailkeeper, WON AT END
9. Vendetta21 Vigilante, WON AT END
10. j-rodd123 Vanilla Townie, killed Night 2
11. Xiz Role Cop, Killed Night 1
12. roundbox Vengeful, WON AT END
13. _Zenith_ Vanilla Townie, killed Night 2

Host Comments:
Before anything else, I'd just like to say: I'm very sorry for screwing up the night actions. I went over them so many times because I was paranoid of messing it up, and somehow it still slipped that jailkeeper protects as well as roleblocks so V's kill on Red Blaster night 2 shouldn't have gone through.

That said, it was a pretty interesting game to watch. Wolves got pinged out pretty early although dbp played a very nice Day 0, so rip being cleared early from now on lmao. MVP would probably be funnygurl for tracking Red Blaster N1, figuring out that storn was town, and going for T-Force/Danceguy. I'll put up other comments later (and feel free to rip me for screwing up).

TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup.
Postgame thread

Town Wins

1. Gradiant - Tracker, Survived to win
2. AragakiAyase - Killed Night 3, Cop
3. XelNya/_Zenith_ - Lynched Day 3, Werewolf Follower
4. reuben_tate - Lynched Day 1, Vanilla Town
5. Charu - Killed Night 1, Vanilla Town
6. thesunfan - Vanilla Town, Survived to win
7. MixMasterLar - Lynched Day 4, Werewolf
8. dabackpack - Lynched Day 2, Mafia Follower
9. rzr - Vanilla Town, Survived to win
10. choof/Red Blaster - Jailkeeper, Survived to win
11. botchi246 - Modkilled Night 4, Mafia
12. Hakulyte - Killed Night 1, Vanilla Town
13. lucker - Killed Night 2, Vanilla Town

Host Comments:
dabackpack being forced to concede was unfortunate, given that both wolfteams failed to kill any blues or green in the first 2 nights, yielding 5 VT kills to start off the game. Zenith claiming the next phase was outright lazy on Zenith's part, and sealed the deal for scum. Having 3 confirmed blues going in final 7 and 2 confirmed blues coming into final 5 made it mechanically impossible for botchi to win, regardless of being modkilled, if someone had worked out the possibilities. Because the jailer was alive, botchi would not have been able to make a kill regardless of any possibilites, although good town play for botchi in the end

No MVP for this game because literally everyone went potato

Mixmasterlar gets a special mention for fighting it out to the bitter end. There's something that a lot of us to learn from that fight.

DBP and rzr calling out scum team was hillarious though

TWG CXLVIII - TWG to the Turnabout
Postgame thread

Hosted by: roundbox
Town Wins

1. rzr Unimportant Witness SURVIVED AND WON AT ENDGAME
2. Charu Unimportant Witness SURVIVED AND WON AT ENDGAME
3. botchi246 Convicted by Trial Day 1 - Unimportant Witness Will Powers WON AT ENDGAME
4. thesunfan Convicted during recess Night 1 - Maya Fey WON AT ENDGAME
5. Red Blaster Unimportant Witness SURVIVED AND WON AT ENDGAME
6. YoshL Unimportant Witness SURVIVED AND WON AT ENDGAME
7. T-Force psychoangel691 Unimportant Witness SURVIVED AND WON AT ENDGAME
8. reuben_tate _Zenith_ Unimportant Witness SURVIVED AND WON AT ENDGAME
9. storn42 Convicted during recess Night 2 - Winston Payne
10. Vendetta21 Convicted by Trial Day 0 - Franziska von Karma
11. DaBackpack Convicted during recess Night 1 - Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth
12. choof Trucy Wright SURVIVED AND WON AT ENDGAME
13. Xiz Unimportant Witness SURVIVED AND WON AT ENDGAME

Host Comments:
For a pretty anticipated game and hyped up vote, this was a ridiculous sweep for town. This would have been a perfect game if choof put a trap at thesunfan's house on N1, but the trap on N2 makes up for it. storn cheesecaked by not killing choof's claim, which was 100% true.

MVP:
Who do I even give this to? There wasn't enough game to give a REAL MVP but the most cool points are awarded to thesunfan for the sick nasty vigi shot on N1. choof's trap was nice too.

Wolf chat: http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/yQfgYpphwmJCP
(I do like storn's thoughts)

send games, I have one atm

TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
Postgame thread

Serial Killer Wins
MVP: Xiz & DaBackPack

1. (rzr) j-rodd123 Cop Lost at Endgame
2. Red Blaster Innocent Child Killed by SK n5
3. roundbox Mafia Goon Killed by SK n0
4. (Vendetta21) fontisian Vanilla Town Lynched d6
5. XelNya Vanilla Town Killed by SK n1
6. Xiz Serial Killer Won at Endgame
7. DaBackPack Vanilla Town Lynched d7
8. Hakulyte Renegade Doctor Killed by SK n6
9. (cedolad) storn42 Vanilla Town Killed by SK n4
10. botchi246 Psychic Killed by Mafia n2
11. Tokzic Vanilla Town Killed by Mafia n0
12. reuben_tate Vanilla Town Modkilled n3
13. Charu Killed Vanilla Town by Mafia and SK n3
14. (tiloco217) (Makilaz) Yoshl Mafia Goon Killed by SK n2
15. danceflashrevo Mafia Goon Lynched d2
16. helphelp11 Vanilla Town Lynched d1
17. Sinistrosuede Vanilla Town Modkilled n2
18. (_Zenith_) AragakiAyase Mafia Godfather Lynched d4
19. SKG_Scintill Vanilla Town Lynched d3
*No lynch occurred on d5

Host Comments:
Xiz wins solo as the SK, well played. Obvious MVP goes to Xiz, DBP had a good game as well, and Yoshl and AA both had very strong performances after replacing into tight spots. Fonti did as well.

A few short things before the full reveal:
I hope this doesn't turn people off from non-cardflipping games, they're a lot of fun
n0 deaths suck but they were necessary to the game
deadchat is a good idea
19 man is too much for FFR for right now I probably won't go above 15 for a while, and probably not more than 13
I made the SK too strong (should've taken the vest or the green-check ability away, probably the latter)
I made the Wolves too weak (should've given them a hooker and taken away the 1-shot hook)
I made town roles really dumb there should've been a weak town role like a Mortician instead of a triggered inno-child that was REALLY strong for town
You so so SO rarely see roles in final 3, and its never the cop, so that was cool to see
DBP has to quit TWG now lol
Too many replacements

For those that are aware, there was some amount of cheating that occurred during this game. If you are aware of what all happened, please don't discuss it too much at length, there will be a separate thread for this and it should be addressed in that place at that time. Talking about it here is going to detract from the postgame discussions.

TWG 150: Undertale
Postgame thread

Hosted by: Xiz
Wolves Win
MVP: Charu

1) TWG Alphys Gradiant - Cop (Killed Night 5)
2) TWG Asgore wineandbread - Monster (Lynched Day 1)
3) TWG Doggo psychoangel691 - Monster (Modkilled Day 3)
4) TWG Flowey XelNya - Oracle (Killed Night 4)
5) TWG Mad Dummy thesunfan - Monster Lynched Day 6
6) TWG Mettaton DaBackPack - Monster (Killed Night 3)
7) TWG Monster Kid roundbox - Monster (Killed Night 2)
8) TWG Muffet blindreper1179 - Monster (Lynched Day 4)
9) TWG Napstablook Red Blaster - Monster (Won At Endgame)
10) TWG Papyrus - Roleblocker lurker - (Won At Endgame)

11) TWG Sans Charu - Human (Lynched Day 3)
12) TWG So Sorry botchi246- Godfather (Lynched Day 2)
13) TWG Temmie Helphelp11 - Monster
14) TWG Toriel Storn42 - Monster (Killed Night 1)
15) TWG Tsunderplane Makilaz - Bomb
16) TWG Undyne Tokzic - Monster (Lynched Day 5)

Host Comments:
Favorite Quote Spotlight:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Napstablook View Post
Confirmed Red Blaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Undyne View Post
No offense to Red Blaster, but I kind of take offense to being mistaken for Red Blaster.
=============================

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Undyne View Post
Are you a mermaid?

BECAUSE YOUR NAME ISN'T FUCKING ARIAL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy View Post
Honestly, if you had to ask me rn, I'd say the wolfteam is sans napsta papyrus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Alphys View Post
There's the Charu I know
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Sans View Post
there's the Gradiant I know

MVP:
(TBD)

Host Notes:
TWG Alphys: - Played well. Even though he was roleblocked, the claim was smart. He got a wolf day 1, and the trade 1-1 isn't that bad.
TWG Asgore: - RIP
TWG Doggo: - AFK
TWG Flowey: - I would have tried to reveal someone who could lead, or someone who could prevent them from leading. Picking the two most vocal ones at the time (Mad Dummy/Undyne) would have perhaps been more ideal
TWG Mad Dummy: - You were right from the start. Nobody else listened. It's not your fault imo.
TWG Mettaton: Some hilarious posts, and good effort forcing wolves to kill you one night.
TWG Monster Kid: Played well, did what a town should do.
TWG Muffet: Don't ragequit. That was dumb.
TWG Napstablook: You hid perfectly imo, were able to intertwine yourself to not be too forward or behind.
TWG Papyrus: Don't ragequit. That was dumb.
TWG Sans: lmfao god damn it charu
TWG So Sorry: Not much you could have done. Try to be more vocal in the early day.
TWG Temmie: As confirmed town, you needed to have lead more.
TWG Toriel: RIP, my child.
TWG Tsunderplane: Your points made sense, played well. IMO you should have pretended you were the medic, trying to soft that you were a medic might force wolves to kill you, getting the 1-1.
TWG Undyne: You shouldn't have been lynched imo, you were adapting your thoughts and playing well.

Human Chat:

http://pastebin.com/fyAAUpaf

TWG CLI: TWG 151 GOTTA CATCH ALL THEM Wolves Wolves Wol-Wol-Wol-Wolves
Postgame thread

Town Wins
MVP: thesunfan

1. Makilaz Vanilla Town, lynched D1
2. Charu 1-Shot Commuter, won at endgame
3. Yoshl Vanilla Wolf, lynched D4
4. thesunfan 3-Shot Mystic, killed N3
5. Xiz Vanilla Town, modkilled D1
6. botchi246 1-Shot Role Cop, lynched D3
7. choof Vanilla Town, killed N1
8. roundbox 2-Shot Jailkeeper, lynched D5
9. Red Blaster Vanilla Town, lynched D2
10. MarioNintendo 1-Shot Cop, killed N4
11. freakysnots Vanilla Town, won at endgame
12. DaBackpack Vanilla Town, won at endgame
13. blindreper1179 1-Shot Role Cop, won at endgame
14. j-rodd123 Vanilla Town, killed N2

Host Comments:
General thoughts:
Wolves shouldn’t have killed jrodd night 2, that really screwed you guys over on the next day when sunfan got tons of information out there. Sure he softed a track on roundbox, but first off he was actually VT, and second, even if he had tracked roundbox, tracking a jail onto blind isn’t inherently wolfy so there’s not really a problem there. Definitely should’ve killed the confirmed 3-Shot Mystic to take away a huge source of info for town. Then after YoshL was lynched, roundbox went for the risky play of killing MarioNintendo and trying to set something up which didn’t really work, and to top it off he got caught in a lie. Basically mechanical misplays lost wolves the game.

Also, the role cop getting a Vanilla Town check as opposed to Vanilla check made it a bit worse and shouldn’t have happened.

Player comments:

Makilaz: I know you had some IRL stuff so it was kind of unfortunate that you ended up dying to KitB.

Charu: You did a good job putting stuff together after additional information came out.

YoshL: I think the fact that you didn’t tunnel onto someone the first day really stuck out to a lot of people. Plus the fact that a lot of the days overlapped with IRL stuff put you in a pretty big hole.

thesunfan: Good job Greg, you projected really strong town this game and did a good job of leading town. MVP

Xiz: Too bad you got modkilled, I know it was an honest mistake and I was enjoying watching you play. Claiming 2-shot desperado right off the bat was definitely an interesting move but I think it worked out decently. You were off the mark for the most part because the wolves weren’t very active while you were around. But D1 is always hard.

botchi246: You were too quiet. Most of your posts were either commentary or very neutral and there weren’t that many of them. Try to post more, even if you don’t think your posts are great, make an opinion and take a side. Floating in the middle looks bad. Your claim managed to save you for a little while though. I hope you roll town next game because a break from wolfing would be nice.

choof: You played well, don’t worry about not getting a role because I think the votes were somewhat random. You projected hard town as usual and drew a nightkill as a VT.

roundbox: Whoops, got caught in a lie. Otherwise your play was pretty good for the most part.

Red Blaster: You came off as very hostile when people were pressuring you and seemed not to really care which is what ended up getting you lynched.

MarioNintendo: PR first game! Also did a pretty solid job projecting town and you didn’t let YoshL sway you.

freakysnots: You kept getting stuck in certain worlds where you fixed someone’s behavior based on certain alignments and refused to consider other worlds which is dangerous.

DaBackpack: You had a weak start but your game picked up over time. The day that YoshL was lynched pretty much sealed your towniness.

blindreper1176: Your claim and reactions lined up really well and cleared you.

j-rodd123: Kind of an unusual game for you, I don’t think I’ve seen you this quiet as town yet.

TWG CLII: Another Sleepless Night
Postgame thread

Hosted by: T-Force
Wolves Win
MVP: thesunfan

1.) roundbox [Killed N2]
2.) AragakiAyase [LOST at endgame]
3.) Tokzic [Lynched D1]
4.) cedolad [LOST at endgame]
5.) Charu [LOST at endgame]
6.) gold stinger [WON]
7.) Red Blaster [Shot N2]
8.) DaBackpack [Killed N0]
9.) XelNya [Shot N2]
10.) storn42 [Lynched D2]
11.) thesunfan [WON]
12.) blindreper1179 [WON]
13.) botchi246 [Shot N2]
14.) Gradiant [Killed N1]

Host Comments:
As much as I'd love to give MVP to gold stinger for playing a near perfect wolf game - especially considering it's only your third game, and your previous one was kinda... dicks - thesunfan played a game of absolute mastery. After the cop went down, he orchestrated town's downfall practically from the beginning with a pocket on AA, and the plan that dictated where town went.
In a setup like this, having that kind of plan is definitely not something you should ever follow as town. Plus, if thesunfan ever gets -that- controlling, he's a wolf guys.
Either way, MVP.

Wolfchat: http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/5W2pMMd7g3E
Deadchat: None because I'm stupid.

TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em!
Postgame thread

Hosted by: Charu
Wolves Win
MVP: Xiz

1. AragakiAyase TOWN killed N1
2. XelNya LOST THE GAME
3. roundbox DAILY BUBBLER killed N2
4. botchi246 TOWN insta'd D2
5. blindreper1179 Arntonach ONE SHOT HYPNO insta'd D1
6. storn42 TOWN lynched D0
7. Red Blaster TOWN lynched D4
8. MarioNintendo ONE SHOT HYPER BEAM kill N3
9. Tokzic WON THE GAME
10. DaBackpack LOST THE GAME
11. Tps222 mellonxcollie TOWN killed N4
12. Makilaz WON THE GAME
13. drizzleRomanceGirl TAKE DOWN lynched D3
14. lurker TOWN modkilled N3
15. dAnceguy117 MEDITATOR hypno-modded N2
16. Gradiant Xiz TOWN take downed D3

Host Comments:
n/a

TWG CLIV: An Old School Slumber Party
Postgame thread

Hosted by: T-Force
Town Wins
MVP: Charu

1) Xiz - Vanilla Town (Won at endgame)
2) mellonxcollie - Vanilla Town (Won at endgame)
3) Red Blaster Roleblocker Wolf (Lynched D2)
4) thesunfan - Vanilla Town (Won at endgame)
5) Arntonach - Cop (Won at endgame)
6) Charu - Vanilla Town (Nightkilled N2)
7) XelNya - Vanilla Wolf (Lynched D3)
8) Makilaz botchi246 - Godfather (Lynched D4)
9) storn42 - Vanilla Town (Won at endgame)
10) Tokzic - Vanilla Town (Lynched D1)
11) YoshL - Vanilla Town (Won at endgame)
12) roundbox - Doctor (Nightkilled N1)
13) evanescence_death4ever DaBackpack - Vanilla Town (Won at endgame)

Host Comments:
So, I'm just going to be frank. Botchi didn't say a thing to me after replying to my PM at 8 AM while I was at work. I couldn't bring him into the game until 3 PM, so that's my bad for not being instantaneous, but that's how it goes.
Fiction IM'd me while I was offline and said nothing after that so I couldn't put him in.

This was frustrating to host because of that, and the seeming lack of activity, but you guys pulled through in the end.

Town played incredible in their own ways, and I'm especially proud of storn's game even though he was barking up a completely wrong tree at the end.

MVP will probably go to Charu for making the ballsy choice of going to Red Blaster instead of thesunfan on D2, and for attracting the nightkill instead of them going after a PR.
Even so, YoshL, and thesunfan played great (especially when thesunfan saved his bacon at the end of D2), DaBackpack pulled his spot completely out of the fire, and Xiz still projected strong town to most people. A lot of good candidates.

PS. Makilaz was actually the one who pointed out that roundbox was probably the cop so I laughed hearing you guys say that Red Blaster and/or XelNya would've done that.

EDIT: I would also like to point out that I find it hysterical that mellon placed literally ZERO votes all game.

TWG CLV: Boats
Postgame thread

Town & Gradiant Wins
MVP: AragakiAyase

1. tokzic dismissed day 2, Abyssal Infiltrator - companion ship I-8
2. charu dismissed night 1, Prospective Naval Officer - companion ship Kaga sunk
3. AA dismissed night 4, Prospective Naval Officer - companion ship Teruzuki sunk
4. arntonach dismissed day 4, Serial Killer - companion ship Katsuragi
5. xiz dismissed night 5, Kuso Teitoku - companion ship Hamakaze sunk
6. runescapedude dismissed day 3, Prospective Naval Officer - companion ship Akebono
7. roundbox dismissed day 5, Abyssal Infiltrator - companion ship Ashigara sunk
8. red blaster dismissed night 3, just a person who wants to be dismissed from the draft without letting his companion sinking. - companion ship Bismarck sunk
9. storn dismissed day 5, Kuso Teitoku - companion ship Zuikaku
10. dabackpack dismissed night 3, Prospective Naval Officer - companion ship Yuubari sunk
11. MixMasterLar dismissed night 2, Prospective Naval Officer - companion ship I-58 sunk
12. drizzleromancegirl dismissed day 1, RNG Compass Fairy - companion ship Taihou
13. gradiant dismissed night 2, Discharger - companion ship Tama sunk
14. XelNya dismissed night 1, Abyssal Infiltrator - companion ship Urakaze sunk
15. ShadoWolfe won at endgame and survived

Host Comments:
so there was a crapton of stacks, which kept the wolf team hidden . dbp made some really good saves. I want to get this up so that people can talk, i'll say more later

MVP goes to AA for doing work, and for godly reads early on. close runner up is shadowolfe, runner up due to the incredible amount of suspicion generated in later game

TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout
Postgame thread

Hosted by: roundbox
Wolves Win
MVP: Xiz & XelNya

1. AragakiAyase Unimportant Witness - Convicted during recess Night 1.
2. Xiz Shelley De Killer - Convicted during recess Night 2.
3. Gradiant Athena Cykes - Convicted during recess Night 3.
4. Tokzic Unimportant Witness - Convicted during trial Day 2.
5. Charu Unimportant Witness - Convicted during trial Day 0.
6. DaBackpack Unimportant Witness - Convicted during trial Day 5.
7. Wineandbread Maya Fey - Convicted during Trial Day 1.
8. Arntonach Trucy Wright - Convicted during recess Night 1.
9. Red Blaster _Zenith_ Unimportant Witness - Convicted during trial Day 3.
10. MixMasterLar Unimportant Witness - Convicted during recess Night 5.
11. thesunfan Unimportant Witness - Convicted during recess Night 4.
12. inDheart Unimportant Witness - LOST at endgame.
13. reuben_tate T-Force Kristoph Gavin - WON by parity at end of Day 5
14. Xelnya The Yatagarasu - Escorted (modkilled) from the courtroom during Trial Day 1.
15. Charles Claythorne (AKA MASHI) Unimportant Witness - LOST at endgame.
16. YoshL Unimportant Witness - Convicted during trial Day 4.
17. Yoshiisland The Phantom - Convicted during recess Night 2.

Host Comments:
DUAL MVP GOES TO Xiz and Xelnya for very good and convincing performers this game, even though they both had untimely deaths for different reasons.

TWG CLVII: The Perfect Blowjob
Postgame thread

Wolves Win
MVP: Gradiant & Charu

1) Gradiant Won at endgame, Mafia Godfather
2) Xiz Lost at endgame, Vanilla Town
3) Charu Killed N4, One-Shot Doctor
4) XelNya Killed N2, Vanilla Town
5) Yoshiisland Killed N6, Doctor
6) roundbox Killed N1, Vanilla Town
7) DaBackPack Lynched D0, Mafia Goon
8) botchi246 Lynched D2, Vanilla Town
9) ShadoWolfe Modkilled N1, One-Shot Cop
10) Arntonach Lynched D3, Vanilla Town
11) Funnygurl555 Killed N3, Vanilla Town
12) _Zenith_ Lynched D1, Mafia Roleblocker
13) pedolad Lynched D5, Doctor

Host Comments:
Pretty shitty activity at the end, weird that there were no replacements.

Gradiant played well, knew what his out was, and was rewarded for it. Attacking the doctor that Xiz was doubting at the end was what he had to do, and he did it well.

This game, as well as the last one, were won by deep wolves who had completely avoided suspicion until the endgame. These two games should serve as a reminder that reads need to be reset in TWG. A townread on d0 or d1 should not carry over into the endgame without some mechanics or an incredibly strong read.

Solid town performances out of Charu, Xiz and funnygurl, with not very much positive to say about many other people.

The setup itself was pretty townsided, and I hope that this is not a thing that people overlook when evaluating Gradiant's performance here. 2 Full doctors and a 1 shot means that there were, during the course of this game, a lot of people who the wolves were unable to kill, with the only save being on Xiz during night 5. This, combined with a 1-shot cop likely would have solidified a town victory if town had done a few things differently:

Inactivity in the late-game is inherently anti-town. Town needs to try and get together and solve the game at that point, and no one was really doing so. I didn't see anyone rereading beyond Gradiant, and that's never good for town. Its also a good part of the reason why cedo and island were both suspected more than they should be, especially cedo.

I know you know giving up like that is not ok, Brett. Don't do that. I know you're geared for a kind of instant satisfaction that forum TWG rarely provides for you and IRL TWG often does, but you've gotta stick with the game, you really have to. This is what's going to happen, no one, including you, is going to enjoy the game if someone is going to vote for themselves in a mylo situation. If you're unable to play the game, replace out, don't throw a fit.

@Yoshiisland, you need to post more. I saw you playing FFR on more than one occasion when you had single-digit posts on some of the day phases, you need to devote more time to the game, I feel.

Both PRs became paranoid and did not try and talk to each other about their reservations with one another, they just made silent judgements, and as a result, town lost a game that they should have automatically won because they did not communicate at all with one another. Its fine to doubt another claim, but its pretty unintelligent to make a decision that, if wrong, will lose the game for town 99% of the time if one of the doctors dies.

Saving Gradiant over Charu that night also makes no sense because Charu should always be the kill over Gradiant if you don't know who the wolf is. Its impossible for Charu to be fake without there being a serial killer, and after 3 nights of only one kill, it doesn't really make much sense for there to be a Serial Killer, Charu or otherwise.

Something I think people know already but I'll say anyways, if someone claims your role in c9++, don't counterclaim because... its not a counterclaim. That was pretty not good to watch.

That being said, the play that Xiz made probably shouldn't have been performed by him. Island is unfamiliar with both Xiz and FFRTWG, and I think expecting him, or really a player of any caliber, terribly good or terribly bad, is not going to work out well, especially in c9++. The wolves/potential SK are going to see a doctor claim for what is literally no reason and they're going to be less likely to believe the claim (especially if its from Xiz).

I know Charu mentioned this, and while Gradiant played a pretty solid wolfgame, he certainly made some mistakes. His assertion that funny was universally townread after she died in the night was a tell that he, if he were a wolf, would think she was worth killing, and I think no one looked back at funny's death to see how weird it was and how weird Jake's claim that she was universally townread was after the fact other than Charu, which is why he died.

Looking at night deaths in the early game isn't all that important, but when unconfirmed players are dying over confirmed players, its pretty important to try and determine why.

FWIW town does deserve kudos for the wagons d0 and d1, those were both good decisions by town, and it put them very far ahead in the game.

MVP to Gradiant and Charu, Gradiant for obvious reasons, a well-played but not perfect wolfgame that took advantage of town after being down by a considerable margin, and Charu for being the first person since roundbox to realize that Gradiant was a wolf, as well as harping on Zenith and switching to DBP in mega-yolo mode.

All in all, the first half of this game was good to watch, it is a shame that it fell apart in the end. Some combination of town not getting together when they should and Jake being able to coast off of earlygame cred.

TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

Hosted by: Arntonach
Game Cancelled

Arnt deleted the OP so I'm not going to go through the whole thing since cancelled games aren't going to really count for stats. If you really care about this game, read the thread. Maybe I'll fill this out later though.

Host Comments:
N/A

TWG CLIX: Form your special exclusive groups now!
Postgame thread

Serial Killer Wins

1. inDheart Vanilla Town, killed N1
2. Hakulyte Framer, killed N2
3. R.E. Arxyi _Zenith_ Vanilla Town, lynched D5
4. Shadowolfe 1-Shot Vigilante, killed N2
5. danceflashrevo Vanilla Town, lynched D2
6. Charu Bulletproof Bodyguard, LOST AT ENDGAME
7. Gradiant Cop, killed N1
8. FreezinIce Vanilla Town, lynched D0
9. DaBackpack psychoangel691 Vanilla Town, killed N3
10. Precarious Vanilla Town, killed N5
11. roundbox Vanilla Town, killed N3
12. botchi246 MixMasterLar Vanilla Town, killed N4
13. XelNya Vanilla Wolf, lynched D3
14. Juckter1 1-Shot Stalker, lynched D1
15. mellonxcollie 1-Shot Bulletproof Serial Killer, WON AT ENDGAME

Host Comments:
Would like to say thanks for all the replacements for preventing this game from being a total disaster.

No MVP, this game was pretty painful to watch in many ways. Things like people not reading dead people's posts, mellon's slip getting away, the list goes on.

TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee
Postgame thread

Wolves & MixMasterLar Win
MVP: MixMasterLar

1) AragakiAyase Rolf, Killed D1
2) storn42 Largo, Killed D2
3) Yoshl Shiharam, Killed N2
4) juckter1 wineandbread Calill, Killed N4
5) roundbox Reyson, Lost at Endgame
6) MixMasterLar Volke, Won D2
7) XelNya Ena, Lynched D4
8) psychoangel691 Precarious Mist, Won at Endgame
9) Vendetta21 Rhys, Lynched D2
10) R.E. Aryxi Hakulyte theknightsofneeee Soren, Lost at Endgame
11) FreezinIce Devdan, Modkilled D0
12) ShadoWolfe Janaff, Lost at Endgame
13) Pazzaz Haar, Lost at Endgame
14) Charu Tauroneo, Killed N1
15) Andy-o24 Tanith, Killed N3
16) gold stinger Ulki, Killed N5
17) botchi246 inDheart Makalov, Lynched D3
18) danceflashrevo Shinon, Lynched D1
19) _Zenith_ mellonxcollie Brom, Won at Endgame
20) Tokzic Astrid, Killed D2

Host Comments:
game was ended a little early, mellonxcollie could have nightkilled precarious and the game would've continued

my b for that one

figured with Pazzaz getting lynched, there was nothing town could do

I am pretty salty at how many replacements there were

I get that shit happens and some people just gotta replace out but

there was certainly some WIL coming from some people, and that makes me pretty sad honestly

I'm not going to include silence mechanics in my games ever again, that was the reason that players were allowed to have no posts without repercussions

certain players would've been modkilled if I hadn't included the part about there being no minimum post requirement

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

Last edited by thesunfan; 12-29-2018 at 02:01 AM..
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote