View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 06:23 PM   #20
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973
Default Re: wv's Progress Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
I h a t e treadmills. They fuck up my knees and shins every time no matter what and I think it's because of the way they rattle. A 1.5 incline on a treadmill pretty closely simulates the amount of wind resistance you'd get from running outside, but it doesn't make it not destroy your knees, and injury is a really common problem in running.

Ellipticals are really good in terms of a low impact way to hit your target heart rate. They get boring so I focus really hard on pushing myself when I'm on them. I also highly recommend rowing machines (ergometers) if you have one around as a way to mix in other cardio with running. Stairsteppers are also a good mixup as well as stationary bikes.

When I have to do cardio inside for long stretches indoors I find that mixing up the machines I use every day like that helps keep things interested, keeps a good variety of muscle groups in shape, and keeps me from overstraining certain parts of my body.

Also check out if you have DDR machines around for a hella good high intensity interval sport~
Yeah I usually go with the stationary bike and stair stepper. Planet fitness doesn't have row machines which is lame because I like those. I'm not a fan of elliptical because that's probably the most boring thing for me haha.

We have a couple of good ddr/itg cabinets near by but I can't really afford it lol. On the plus side, the air quality is better so I'm going to start running outside again