View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 08:50 PM   #5
AutotelicBrown
Under the scarlet moon
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Naruto's Ninja Way Voting

1 - Very focused on making it fun to play for higher level players and does well in that regard, but I think it exaggerates a bit. It has an overly flat difficulty curve and doesn't represent the song particularly well. Also could use a cut.

2 - Layering through the wub parts doesn't feel very cohesive and with a weird difficulty curve. Also very tame stepping choices for such an energetic song, feels more like an intentionally subdued chart for the sake of making it easier. Good to see a cut but the cutting point doesn't work well with ffr's lack of a fadeout.

3 - haha yes. I actually think there aren't enough 24th-based jumpstream dumps, so in that context that's nice. Feels like it could be more conservative with one-hand trill usage, they are a bit too wonky for my tastes.

4 - I quite like the bursts & anchored jacks in the wub parts, not a big fan of how the rest of the chart was approached though. Could also use a cut.

5 - The verses were very good (my favorite between all subs). I think wubs were somewhat underwhelming though, especially the color theory stuff. Still fairly balanced overall and works well as a whole. Cut pls, though I actually like ending with that little silly part lol

6 - Overly dense for its own good and with some weird layering choices. I think a chart focused on the jacks for the wubs could definitely work, but not as it was approached here. Same thing as 5 with the cut.

Hard to choose as I think all charts are lacking in some regard, but I think as a whole 5 is the better file even if in practice I'd play 1 more.
AutotelicBrown is offline   Reply With Quote