View Single Post
Old 12-8-2018, 07:03 AM   #8
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
It’s basically Super Mario Maker for pro gamers who want a less mind numbingly easy experience.
I just noticed the "pro gamers" bit lol

They're just different kinds of games. Mario focuses on platforming with precision while N++ focuses on platforming with momentum (kind of like Sonic, at a base level, except with a higher emphasis on 2-dimensional movement)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
personally thats the reason I dislike the NSMB movement, the spin mechanic, and free wall jumping.. I feel it sort of obsoletes some things like shell jumping, frame perfect walljumps, p switch jumps etc, but to each their own

I also sort of dislike cape, at least in vanilla SMW.. theres a few cool mechanics like maintaining cape speed through doors, down-warping with spin blocks, invincibility frames from hitting something while flying etc, but whenever I play smw I basically just cape and fly through all the levels like a grimeball lol
Yeah I was just referring to the Super Mario Maker level design strategies, not the base games. My favorite Mario game is still SMW after all these years. The cape breaks a lot of things but I still have fun with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic

Last edited by DaBackpack; 12-8-2018 at 07:08 AM..
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote