View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 12:50 AM   #137
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Meh, let's do it again, this time for a year

Day 77: Back To School Pack by Chance The Rapper (Album Choice: Phillip S.)

Say hooray because tomorrow I'm leaving on a 7 day cruise. Then say nay because I shan't be submitting any reviews during that period and if I listen to any albums it'll be when everyone else is sleeping (I have a few albums downloaded onto my phone for that situation). I'll try to review Acid Rap with the time I have. Anyways, this mixtape was recorded and released almost 2 years before 10 Day. My expectations are pretty satisfiable because I know what most 17 year old (w)rappers sound like. Let's go.

Nostalgia is the same song as the one on 10 Day. I mean that very literally, as in it's not even an early take, it's the exact same schmaltz. Kick Back is even worse, so sophomoric as to make Trap sound like pretentious prog. Besides that, the other 3 songs are mostly subdued and mellow, with an emphasis on jazzy beats. The lyrics are nothing to write home about and there are some questionable production moments (speak closer to the damn mic) but yeah it's pleasant enough. The beat to September 7th is especially great.

This EP is okay at best, with lyrics and production both having their fair share of questionable moments. If you're like me and found 10 Day to be enjoyable yet inconsistent, I recommend you just download the last track off this EP and tack it on as a bonus track to that mixtape.

Best Track: September 7th
Rating: 4.5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote