View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 07:13 PM   #13
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Default Re: Complextro Pack (Submissions Open)

bmah both of your tracks are good to go if you can pick good cuts. Some sections of the song are exactly what I'm looking for, while others fall flat a bit. If you like, I can review your cuts once you make them. I also forgot to mention something regarding these cuts, so I'll update first post.

Halogen I'm gonna have to reject yours. The fact that it has a rather complete vocal line means that even if there were lots of fun effects and a range of sounds to play with in the background they would be overshadowed, and there's not a lot of stuff going on. Not saying that it wouldn't be possible to make a song like that I would approve of, but it's really unlikely. The music I'm looking for should almost be switching back and forth between tons of vastly different instruments fairly quickly, as you can hear in a lot of my example tracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraezymann View Post
It sounds to me like it's electro but more glitchy and interesting. Almost like she but a little bit faster and more wild.

Also this sounds like it could make for some real cool xmod files.
Sorta yeah. And my Virus chart is xmod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BilliumMoto View Post
this pack is probably going to fail seeing that complextro isn't a well-defined genre and anything that goes in this pack could also go into choof's dubstep pack

we've already seen OP reject a pretty good complextro song because it didn't coincide with his own personal opinion of what complextro is
That's why I said I would judge each song individually. I made this pack because I want tighter music choice, as I'm not a fan with a high enough percentage of tracks in choof's pack. (Isn't that the point of making a themed pack?)

As for "my own definition of complextro", I'm not making a pack for what people have defined as the complextro genre. Rather, I'm making a pack for the songs of a certain kind that I like that is best described as "complextro". If you can come up with a better name that fits the songs I chose, please do suggest something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
derp, link me something interesting then because all of the tracks in your original post are boring
Assuming your taste in music aligns more with what songs you chart, I'm not sure you would generally like any track that falls under what I would accept.

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music

Last edited by stargroup100; 07-20-2014 at 10:10 PM..
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote