Thread: FFR Suggestions
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 02:57 PM   #2062
mi40
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuyasha View Post
I dunno, not trying to come up with an arbitrary example to justify not allowing higher rate scores, just my two cents. AAA on higher rates may be harder to achieve, and therefore show more skill, but ultimately that is not the same as AAA on normal rate.
it is not an AAA on a normal rate, it's an AAA on a higher rate which shows your skill

basically the levelranks are saying: "i can AAA this file on 1.0"
and if you can AAA on something higher than 1.0 then it's like saying "i can do even better, but i can AAA on 1.0 as well"

it's like what if somebody mashed a FC on rato 1.1, what difference does that make versus a mashed FC on rato 1.0? if anything it's harder to mash FC rato on 1.1 so if somebody gets a better scores on rato 1.1 mashed than rato 1.0 mashed, then the 1.1 score should replace the 1.0 score

and if the person could mash fc rato 1.1, they could probably get a better score on 1.0 (which would then replace the mash fc 1.1 score)

also it provides an incentive for people to start playing most of the genres (esp. for medium to higher level players, which i consider to be a good portion of the site, like d3+)
most players do not go back to difficulty range 1-50 once they're past that.. they keep moving up with their skill level and if they've never played certain songs from difficulty 1-50, they will probably never touch those (unless they have a shitton of time & dedication)

basically a lot of files get boring once you're way past the skill level (d3 players won't play level 10 songs for fun), and rewarding players for achieving scores on better rates than 1.0 provides a new refreshing experience (with rewards!) for the majority of players

who wouldnt want to play secret zombie room on 1.5 lol

Last edited by mi40; 07-10-2013 at 03:01 PM..
mi40 is offline   Reply With Quote