View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 10:32 AM   #34
MikeShinoda12345
*\(^o^)/*
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Mental illness thread

I feel like maybe even if there's no meaning the experience of life can still be worth it just because... there's happiness, there's beauty, there's for some reason a part of you that wants life to have meaning and wants to keep pushing on towards something

Like we don't have to lead a "lonely bullshit existence," and I think that's one thing people can mean when they say that it gets better? That things will happen and time will pass and eventually, maybe, you'll feel like life is worth living in itself, meaning or no
It's not very convincing when you're struggling but it's easier to see this once you come out on the other side again

(This gets kind of complicated because I'm actually pretty religious, and I feel like that's the primary thing that pushes me away from Nihilism, but religion is a whole other discussion and frankly not one I want to have except in PMs)
(...But one's worldview does completely change their beliefs about all of these things in general anyways, "what is a good life" etc etc)