View Single Post
Old 12-24-2017, 11:59 AM   #618
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2017 albums halp

Day 426: Dust by Laurel Halo

Koinos is the first song I'm not actively disliking. The first two were just annoying as fuck, the instrumentals were nice but the vocal delivery just shot me out of it. She sounds like she belongs in a punk band more than whatever she's doing here. This third one isn't perfect but I'm at least loving the really freeflowingness (not a word) of it compared to the others so far.

Actually it seems so far that the whole rest of this album is unlike those first two tracks. This is a weird, spare atmospheric space ambient album with bits of spoken word and atonal free jazz shit sprinkled throughout. Reminds me a lot of that Tom Dissevelt album. I really dig this style of shit!

But goddamn were those first two tracks terrible. Really scared the shit out of me. Starting with Syzygy she seems to be attempting to go back to the "poppier" style of the first couple songs again, but not quite as overtly and it's not quite as annoying this time around. Do U Ever Happen ALMOST sounds nice. Almost. Why the fuck is it 40 years long?

Very pretty ending, in fact probably my favorite track on the album. Well, that was a bit of a mixed bag. When it was good it was entrancing, and when it was bad it was agitating. I'm gonna delete half of this album.

Best Track: Buh-bye
Rating: 5.5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.

Last edited by rayword45; 12-27-2017 at 01:24 PM..
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote